Partying and weightloss... suggestions and tips?

BigBurd

This is a little last minute but I am celebrating my wedding anniversary with hubby and a few friends tonight. I have been to occassions where I could just avoid eating if I ate before I went, but I need to make sure that there will be plenty of diet friendly snacks in any spread that I put on. I'm not a great cook and used to buy everything pre made, but that's not how we roll any more and I'm a little overwhelmed :? Anyone got any quick tips?

Too late for your celebration. Congratulations!
For the next time!!!
A good dip is get some 0%fat fromage frais. Add salt, pepper and lots of chopped herbs like chives. Lovely to dip raw veggies into and great on a baked tatoe.
SW have some great recipes for things like low calorie onion bhajis etc.
Potato wedges make with frylight. also nice dipped in the above! you can add chilli powder to spice it up instead of chives.
Make individual quiches using ham in the base instead of pastry.
A big bowl of prawns and a dip made of fromage frais, a little ketchup and a pinch of chilli.
Roll up a prawn in a little filo pastry, spray with frylight and bake.
Cut the tops off cherry toms, cut celery sticks in to bite sized pieces. Top with 0%fat garlic cheese - don't know the names of makes in England.
Make little filo pastry cups and fill with things like chopped up and cooked garlicky mushrooms or cooked chicken stirred through in a little fromage frais flavoured with garam masala and a few peeled and de-seeded grapes.
Skin chicken drumsticks, run with tandoori spicesmixed with a little plain yogurt. Bake and make a raita with yogurt and mint.
The list goes on.

When this happens for me, I just try to decide what EXACTLY I want, and only eat that. I remind myself, I do not have to eat everything in sight, and try and just treat myself to a few things and don't let it spiral into a full-blown binge. I am still working on this, lol.

thanks guys... i did do veggies, but bought a low fat (ish) dip. but after 4 drinks of vodka my will power went out the window I haven't been online all week because I have been working hard undoing the damage, but there will be no weight loss this week :(

Ah...vodka, lol. Also my weakness. I've just learned how to incorporate it in. Do you mix it with a diet soda?

Back