pasta ideas pls

daisydo22

hi i'm new to slimming world, started 3 weeks ago and i've lost 6lbs so far, have about 4 stone to lose. just wanted to ask 2 questions

1, is there a pasta and sauce packet that is free?
2, what sort of sauce can i make to go with pasta?

i'm not a big pasta eater cos i'm not very creative and imaginative.

any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to SW and this forum,here is a ragu sauce recipe for all types of pasta! I add low fat beef mince for spaghetti bolognese.

Pete’s Homemade Ragu

(Based on SW Mag March/April 2012)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Knorr “herb” stockpot
2 large onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
3 garlic cloves (sff)
1tbsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried basil
410g tin of chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
250g passata (s) (sff)
2tbsp tomato purees (s) (sff)
1tsp sweetener
Seasoning

Method

In a large pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion & garlic until soft.
Add the tomatoes, passata, sweetener and the herbs. Place the stockpot on top of the mixture and allow to infuse.

Simmer for 30 mins or until it thickens, then season.

Ragu Sauce (Small).JPG

No syns for the ragu but be careful if you add anything else, the extra lean beef mince is free!

There is a lush carbonara recipe, will go copy and paste for you!

Actually I don't need to do that, its sooo easy!

Just blend an egg with an HEA serving of Light Philly (my stick blender does a great job of this) (double if its for 2 obviously)

Set it to one side and fry the meat/veg you want to use accordingly in fry light. I like it with mushrooms and chopped lean bacon, ive also made it with chicken and broad beans, pea's, you could do leeks, courgettes, peppers, literally whatever you fancy. Also cook some pasta of your choice so its ready at same time.

Then throw it all in the biggest pan together, turn off the heat and pour in the egg/philly mix, stir it constantly for 30 seconds or so and the heat from the food warms the sauce through, without scrambling the eggs (thats seriously horrid).

Then serve with salt/pepper as you wish.

You could add dried herbs when cooking the meat/veg too if you wanted. Or fresh ones at the end.

Its really really good and so quick and simple.x

Last edited:
one of my favourite quick dinners/lunches is marmite philly pasta.
boil the pasta, meanwhile chop whatever veg you have into small pieces. I like to use peppers, onion, garlic, carrots, celery but most things will work.
Spray a frying pan/wok with fry light and stir fry veg for 3-4 mins.
Drain pasta when coked and add the veg to the pasta pan.
Add 1/2 hex a of philly light per person and a good dollop of marmite. Mix well over a low heat until philly melted through and all combined.
So quick and easy and really tasty!

Back