Pasta Portion

Cholney5

Now I know that pasta (wheat in my case) is unlimited as long as I have a third superfree but I wondered what kind of portions others have?

I make up a sauce with tinned toms, carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic and herbs etc and normally have between 60-100g of pasta.

Is that a lot????

I was planning to do that all week but wanted to know if I need to refrain myself a little with the pasta?

Now I know that pasta (wheat in my case) is unlimited as long as I have a third superfree but I wondered what kind of portions others have?

I make up a sauce with tinned toms, carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic and herbs etc and normally have between 60-100g of pasta.

Is that a lot????

I was planning to do that all week but wanted to know if I need to refrain myself a little with the pasta?

There's no need for you to 'refrain' yourself from the pasta. Like you said, as long as 1/3 of your meal is made up of SuperFree foods then you should be fine.

Everyone is different, and what might seem like a 'normal' portion to you could be tiny, or huge to someone else.

Just remember the 1/3 SuperFree rule, and to stop eating once you're full, and you'll be fine.

I have 100g of pasta. Yum! :D

I tend to start off with 100g for tea and after a while cut down to 75g.
For a dinnertime meal I just have 50g.
I used to do WW so I can't help but weigh all my pasta, rice, cous cous etc

How do you find WW compared to Slimming World?

I am just intrigued as I think from what I can tell SW is better :)

I like that never run out of "points" so if hungry don't feel bad eating!

I do a lot of exercise so love that can eat when hungry as long as wise about choices I make x

I don't measure but try and make pasta less than 1/3 of my plate and meat for other 1/3 then 1/3 superfree, and use wholemeal pasta if poss too

Cholney5 said:
How do you find WW compared to Slimming World?

I am just intrigued as I think from what I can tell SW is better :)

I like that never run out of "points" so if hungry don't feel bad eating!

I do a lot of exercise so love that can eat when hungry as long as wise about choices I make x

I've just moved from WW to SW because I exercise a lot and was far too hungry. I think if you're very active, SW is a much better plan :)

u know i have never weighed it lol

I'm a big fan of SW. I'm a veggie and felt that pro points didn't work for me at all. On the points plan I did loose 3st but so far on SW i've lost 2st 2lb since end of aug so i'm chuffed :)

I do 200g of pasta between me and hubby but then he gets 3 spoonfuls for every 2 of mine.

Did I read your post correctly or are you planning on having the same meal all week? If so be careful that you don't get bored - that's the time when you can fall off the wagon. I plan my meals monthly and have a different meal each night for the month (albeit with similar ingredients each week) and 15 months later I'm still loving experimenting with food.

Good luck.

Hi

I cooked pete's pasta and tuna bake tonight. His recipe states 150g pasta for 4, which I thought a bit paltry, but when all the ingredients where together it was just about ok. We ate it with salad. I might up the quantity a little next time, maybe to 50g per person.

The pasta packet states a serving is 75g per person and that's about what I normally cook.

I've come from ww and find it hard to get my head around unrestricted (within reason) pasta, potatoes and rice x

Goodness I've never weighed pasta, I just make sure there's a ton of veggies mixed in (usually more veggies than pasta, I <3 veggies!) and then eat til I feel full.

Thanks for all your replies :) I have 80g today with my homemade sauce x

What I have done is made loads but fairly plain and each day I can add different herbs and I am going to freeze in portion sizes so if I do have every day may taste slightly different or have with chicken instead but there is also no rush if I don't want every day :) The main reason I like doing batches is it is cheaper that way and I always have the sauce to turn too!

Again thanks for all your replies - I love this forum!!!

:eek:

Thanks for all your replies :) I have 80g today with my homemade sauce x

What I have done is made loads but fairly plain and each day I can add different herbs and I am going to freeze in portion sizes so if I do have every day may taste slightly different or have with chicken instead but there is also no rush if I don't want every day :) The main reason I like doing batches is it is cheaper that way and I always have the sauce to turn too!

Again thanks for all your replies - I love this forum!!!

:eek:

Batch cooking is a really good idea - I know a lot of people on here tend to do that for convenience.

Just be careful you don't sicken yourself off though. Eating near enough the same thing every day might lead you to become bored, and slip off plan. It's important to have a good balance, and keep things mixed up a bit.

Good luck with your Slimming World journey. Looks like you've got some good ideas :)

Goodness I've never weighed pasta, I just make sure there's a ton of veggies mixed in and then eat til I feel full.

Me neither - i just tip in pan, cook, and then put on my plate whatever i think i need (less at lunch than tea) x

Back