Pasta sauce

My basic tomato sauce is just a can of chopped tomatoes in a frying pan with salt, pepper, splash of soy sauce and worcestership sauce, pinch of sweetener, an oxo cube and a sprinkle of schwartz italian garlic seasoning. Let it simmer away while the pasta is cooking.

You can adapt this basic recipe by adding chilli, beans, mince, chicken, or in your case either extra light philly or fromage frais for a creamy version. Personally I would go for the light garlic and herb philly as the syn values are really low anyway and it will make all the difference compared to fromage frais.

Or if you are really pushed for time I've recently discovered Tesco chopped toms with olive oil and garlic that comes in cartons (special offer 3 for a £1). They are 3 syns but make for a perfect pasta sauce in a rush as you can basically use them as they come. Very thick and the olive oil makes a difference.

My basic tomato sauce is just a can of chopped tomatoes in a frying pan with salt, pepper, splash of soy sauce and worcestership sauce, pinch of sweetener, an oxo cube and a sprinkle of schwartz italian garlic seasoning. Let it simmer away while the pasta is cooking.

We used this basic recipe last night when the out-laws came down for dinner. Added plenty of Chilli, Basil and used a Chicken stock cube and it was DELICIOUS!! We put the Chorizo in with the sauce to cook along with plenty of onion and peppers and only syned the Chorizo.

Thanks again, very nice indeed!

Chris

Back