pasta ?

Smirky

Gold Member
I thought i would give it a go, seeing as i don't usually eat the stuff... anyway!

Looked in the WW book and it's got for 75g, any pasta, 20g dried is 1 point... however, on the front of the pasta packet it's got "a serving of 75g when cooked contains... calories ... 270 and sats 0.2" ... When looking at this on the points finder i work it out to be 3.5 / 4 points? Little confused? :confused:

I thought i would give it a go, seeing as i don't usually eat the stuff... anyway!

Looked in the WW book and it's got for 75g, any pasta, 20g dried is 1 point... however, on the front of the pasta packet it's got "a serving of 75g when cooked contains... calories ... 270 and sats 0.2" ... When looking at this on the points finder i work it out to be 3.5 / 4 points? Little confused? :confused:
They always give weight of pasta by dry which to me is stupid b/c who weighs the pasta just for themselves? So I googled this" how many calories in cooked pasta?" and was successful. Good luck.

i find it easier to weigh out pasta before cooking - i weigh out 160g (100 for OH, 60 for me) and give my OH a visibly bigger portion when cooked and it might not be wholly accurate but i've never had an issue with it x

i find it easier to weigh out pasta before cooking - i weigh out 160g (100 for OH, 60 for me) and give my OH a visibly bigger portion when cooked and it might not be wholly accurate but i've never had an issue with it x

Ah right thank you! I weighed out 20g's today and according to WW book it's 1 point for 20g dried any kind of pasta, but when i worked it out from the packed it came to 4 points, so i pointed it 4 anyway to be on safe side! lol :) thank you xx

Hi Smirky,

The calories on the packet are for 75g of dried pasta that has been cooked ~ the book gives the points of cooked pasta that weighs 75g (which is approx 20 grams dried pasta).

Hope this helped :eek:)

Back