Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.
  1. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    I thought i would give it a go, seeing as i don't usually eat the stuff... anyway!

Looked in the WW book and it's got for 75g, any pasta, 20g dried is 1 point... however, on the front of the pasta packet it's got "a serving of 75g when cooked contains... calories ... 270 and sats 0.2" ... When looking at this on the points finder i work it out to be 3.5 / 4 points? Little confused? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soozsb

soozsb Xmas goal, here I come!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.93%)
    Diet:
    Reductil/Meridia and Xenical
    They always give weight of pasta by dry which to me is stupid b/c who weighs the pasta just for themselves? So I googled this" how many calories in cooked pasta?" and was successful. Good luck.

4. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i find it easier to weigh out pasta before cooking - i weigh out 160g (100 for OH, 60 for me) and give my OH a visibly bigger portion when cooked and it might not be wholly accurate but i've never had an issue with it x

5. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points

Ah right thank you! I weighed out 20g's today and according to WW book it's 1 point for 20g dried any kind of pasta, but when i worked it out from the packed it came to 4 points, so i pointed it 4 anyway to be on safe side! lol :) thank you xx

6. Princess of Pink

Princess of Pink New Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.97%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Smirky,

The calories on the packet are for 75g of dried pasta that has been cooked ~ the book gives the points of cooked pasta that weighs 75g (which is approx 20 grams dried pasta).

Hope this helped :eek:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.