Paul Mckenna can make me thin for my July 2012 wedding! (I hope!)

egginabap

Hi everyone

I really wanted to start a weight loss diary to keep me motivated, I'm getting married this July and have a size 10 dress to fit into!

I am following the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' plan, which is not a diet but a lifestyle change. I'm only on day 4 now, weighed myself on day 1 I was 10 stone 6, one of the rules is you can only weigh yourself every 2 weeks so I have ten days till I find out if it's working. I don't feel I've lost anything yet but I'm definitely eating less and I'm loving that I can eat what I want, when I want.

I have tried most diets from WW to Exante and whilst I have achieved success on both I always put weight back on as I haven't dealt with the real issues behind my overeating. I'm definitely an emotional eater

Sorry about that my son grabbed the iPhone and posted before I had finished!

As I was saying..... Emotional eating and bingeing are the problems that no diet has ever helped me overcome. I'm hoping with Paul's help that will all change. I'm hoping to lose 20lbs, which doesn't seem like much but I've never been lower than I am now so is a real challenge for me.

Look forward to hearing from all of you fellow brides and dieters, and also anyone who is following the Paul McKenna plan! Lots of luck to you all xx

I seen it on tv wishing u luck x Its so hard but stay focused, its about taking the connection away u have with food x

Good luck - what dress size are you at the moment? I'm sure you will look amazing, what's your dress like?

Hi, i too am following Paul mckenna after losing a couple of stone with sw . Im so with ya on the emotional eating thing! i think its fab. Its just so refreshing not to have to worry about what you can and cant eat. its also a real eye opener as to just how much...or how little ...you need to fill you up. i am just starting day 7 so still early days but i feel a lot less bloated. please keep posting would love to hear how someone else is doing ....good luck to ya!! X x

Hello to all you lovely Paul ladies!
I'm new to this and hope you don't mind another voice!?

I'm turned to paul after reaching my heaviest ever, 18st. :ashamed0005: you are the first people i have ever been honest about my weight to, which scares me.
I'll be 30 in May and my weight is starting to terrifies me, i've tried ever diet imaginable and just feel trapped within this weighted body...

Right, positive thought!
I'm on day 3 and am slowly getting the hang of things. it's hard to remember to down my knife and fork when what i'm eating is so good. it's killing my not having any snacks but i'm hoping that will pass.
what i wanted to ask, how is everyone finding lunches at work? i work at a school and am worried i wont be eating enought or at the right times as a have timed lunch breaks.
Also i just cant eat untill i'm full for breakfast.

sorry to have gone on, i just hope this sticks.
Xx

Hi em! Nice to hear a voice! all i can say is try to listen to the cd as often as you can. Its definitely making a difference to me. Know what you mean about leaving food when you really enjoying it. If im struggling i wrap it up, put it in the fridge and promise myself i can have it later when i get hungry. By the time that comes i don't want it anyone! Just knowing its there helps tho!!! i still have snacks if im feeling hungry and there's still some time till tea/dinner. you Will find what works well for you when your body settles in to it. good luck and keep posting x
Why can't you eat till your full for breakfast?

Thank for the advice vanwoodle, i'm staring to take leftovers for lunch the next day which has stopped me over eating at night.
I find breakfast the hardest meal of the day. i never feel like eating anything or very much, so eating untill i'm full is hard. i've managed to eat a piece of toast and take a Banana to eat once at work.

i wonder if i'm eating untill i'm full or am just feeling nervous that i havent felt full yet and stop.
i am listening to the CD every night before going to sleep and i have to say that i'm starting to find it easier to say no to food when i'm not hungry!
the weekend is going to be hard, so i'm off to listen to the CD
Night all
x

Got ya!! must admit im not always hungry but want to eat with the kids before school. Can't be telling my daughter she must eat breakfast if im not!!!! i gave up smoking nearly 10 years ago with Paul mckenna cd and never had one since. I so want to believe i can sort my weight out the same way. it seems so easy when you talk about it doesn't it!!! anyhow keep at it and have a good weekend! X

Hi all, yay there are a few us here then!!!

I couldn't tell you what day I'm on as it feels like I've had so many stumbles that I've restarted a million times. But then I feel so much healthier in general and so positive that my bad vibes towards food are slowly diminishing, I no longer punish myself for a slip.

What I can tell you is over the past month I have pretty much maintained my weight, which is great as I'm usually such a yo-yo-er. I think it may be because I am now in my 'ideal' weight range that it's going to be so much harder to lose this final stone. I'm 10st 4 at the moment.

My wedding dress is a size 10, satin tight fitting mermaid style, it's stunning and I'm doubtful I'm going to do it justice!! 3 months to go eek! I really need to get this stone off!

I'm wondering if Paul McKenna can only get us dramatic weight loss results if we have a lot of weight to lose??? I've started the 30 day shred to try speed up my weight loss.

It's so annoying on my phone as I now can't scroll back to check what everyone has said so sorry for not responding to anyone properly!! Xxx

Almost every day my lunch is leftovers from previous nights dinners- that is unheard of in this house trust me!! Plus I'm saving some cash yay!!! Xxx

*egginabap* your wedding dress sound lovely.

It sounds like your on the right track, as I too feel healthier, like things are changing. I haven't seen any dramatic weight loss but am starting to change the way i think about food. Yesterday i didn't think about food until tea time, which is unheard of for a Saturday.
I went out for a meal today and didn't feel strange leaving food on my plate.
I feel that I still need to eat slower and try and keep my mind on what I'm eating instead of a million other things!
As I'm feeling better in myself I think I need to up my exercise as I feel that could make the weight loss difference!
Tomorrow I intend to eat a full breakfast and eat until I'm full.
I agree about saving money having leftovers for lunch, it makes lunch more interesting that sandwiches!
Gammon and pineapple for tea!
X

Last edited:
Hi Em how are you getting on?

I am also struggling with the 'eat slowly' idea, that seems to the hardest habit to break! Oh and I just cannot join the clean plate club, seems I'd rather put less on my plate than leave anything!

Only 11 weeks till the wedding I really need to step it up now so I'm doing the 30 day shred as well. Going to try not to weigh myself as that seems to set me off on a downward spiral if I haven't lost enough! X

Hiya, came across this thread after posting on another one. I thought you might appreciate a success story...I did this about 2/3 years ago at Uni and lost 3 stone. I kept it off until about a year ago. Back on it again now, knowing it WILL work!! Just keep it up and stay confident. Like Paul says in the book, if you follow the 4 rules, it will work!! Good luck x

Back