Paul McKenna - I can make you thin....

jaylou

Gold Member
Has anyone used this book and cd? Just after some testimonials really. I'm not after a miracle cure but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon, they look very positive, subconsciously changing eating habits etc. This really is what I need to do - not have biscuits just because I have a cuppa, not having a pud after a meal out if I am full....

I have ordered it, it's only a tenner or something from Amazon and I'll give it a go, but just wanted some insight from you folks on here.

I've used his I can make you sleep book for a long time, with very good effect.

I used it for a month and only lost a pound!! Didn't work for me but then again I am a greedy bugger and don't stop eating until my plate is clear!!

Eek, that's not a very good testimonial!!! I'm not expecting miracles and I don't want to stop SW but am hoping to break bad habits. I know you are not meant to diet but we shall see how it goes. Not stared reading yet though!

Any help is worth a go, good luck with it keep us posted

Has anyone used this book and cd? Just after some testimonials really. I'm not after a miracle cure but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon, they look very positive, subconsciously changing eating habits etc. This really is what I need to do - not have biscuits just because I have a cuppa, not having a pud after a meal out if I am full....

I have ordered it, it's only a tenner or something from Amazon and I'll give it a go, but just wanted some insight from you folks on here.

I've used his I can make you sleep book for a long time, with very good effect.

I have looked at that several times and did ask my brother to get it for me for Xmas, he laughed and said "What Paul McKenna - I can make me rich" but he's always been a cynical bugger.
I did have (lost it) a weight loss hypnosis cd and I think they do work as long as you want them to iykwim - on it's own it wont change a damn thing - but needs to be part of a bigger plan.
Good Luck with it and report back how you get on.

I use lots of these and think they are a great too for relaxing, i dont know if they really help but certainly make you think about things :) If you have a smart phone you can download his app for £5.99 i think.... a cheaper app is Andrew Johnson who is good too....

Put it this way it cant hurt to try it :)

I liked it. I was under no illusions that it was a 'quick fix' or anything, but I really liked the whole 'visualising' aspect and found it kept me on track with my goals and what not. If ever I felt like i was losing motivation with sw or anything it was always good at getting me back on track.

Let us know how you get on!

I love them too. Andrew Johnson just introduces himself now and I fall asleep :) I even yawned as I typed his name but I suppose it is 12.45am!! I have tried lots of the hypnosis apps including the gastric band app, VGB and funnily enough it was after trying that app that something seemed to click for me and I managed to get my head in gear. Coincidence? Perhaps, or maybe helped to shift me out of contemplating doing something and into actually doing it. Most of them cost less than a bar meal so worth a go.

Funny I was just thinking about listening to it again!! Its so relaxing - I love his voice

Well, I'm still reading the book through so haven't started the 90 day journal at the back yet.

Things I have changed/am trying to change...

Leaving something on my plate. Gosh this is hard. I love my food! He does say though that you know when you are starting to get full because you enjoy the last mouthful less than the previous one. This is so true! I have managed it 3 out of 4 meals so far.

Eating consciously - this is hard to, I'm trying to slow down. I did put a handful of ham back yesterday as it was almost in my mouth, I just grabbed it as I was looking in the fridge for something. Didn't want it, just habit!

The visualisation isn't easy for me, something I need to work on.

The one thing which I keep thinking is that he says if you only do one thing it is to eat consciously, the rest falls into place.....

I am not doing the "eat what you want" thing though. I like SW food, I don't eat things if I don't like them (I know people who eat quorn mince because it is free but don't like it!) and I am still weighing my healthy extras.

The CD is brilliant though. I fall fast asleep!!!!

Well, I'm still reading the book through so haven't started the 90 day journal at the back yet.

Things I have changed/am trying to change...

Leaving something on my plate. Gosh this is hard. I love my food! He does say though that you know when you are starting to get full because you enjoy the last mouthful less than the previous one. This is so true! I have managed it 3 out of 4 meals so far.

Eating consciously - this is hard to, I'm trying to slow down. I did put a handful of ham back yesterday as it was almost in my mouth, I just grabbed it as I was looking in the fridge for something. Didn't want it, just habit!

The visualisation isn't easy for me, something I need to work on.

The one thing which I keep thinking is that he says if you only do one thing it is to eat consciously, the rest falls into place.....

I am not doing the "eat what you want" thing though. I like SW food, I don't eat things if I don't like them (I know people who eat quorn mince because it is free but don't like it!) and I am still weighing my healthy extras.

The CD is brilliant though. I fall fast asleep!!!!
I am so with you about the ham - I am a bugger for picking a couple of slices up when looking in the fridge or making kids lunches - and I never really want it & certainly don't need it.
Glad you are benefiting from it.

I'm a ham picker too!!!!! I often used to fall asleep listening to his cd. I tried listening to it once while ironing and it wasnt the same. Nice to have a peaceful hour lying on your bed

Back