PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

PaulaJ

Exclamation mark abuser!
Hi Everyone,
I've been reading a few of your diaries on here and thought I'd jump on the bandwagon as I've found it really useful to hear about everyone else's experience of LipoTrim.

A bit about me... I am a complete newbie! New to Lipotrim, pretty much new to MiniMins, new to forums, you get the jist! In fact I'd never even heard of LipoTrim until I slipped a disc back in October and spoke to my very helpful GP about getting some help to lose some weight as this is obviously not helping my back problems. Anyway, I did a bit of research and skulked around on here for a few months before finally deciding I would give LipoTrim a go. Similar to most of the people I've read about on here, I am definitely NOT a newbie to food based dieting, WW, SW, RC, you name it but have never tried TFR.

I picked up my shakes from the chemist and started yesterday.

Day 1 went reasonably well, of course I was ravenous and could have eaten a scabby horse but am extremely proud of myself for sticking to it 100%. I was feeling very positive and excited about my first weigh in and determined to give this a proper go. I got through the day by drinking tea/water/coffee and keeping myself busy with writing up goals, took all my measurements.

Day 2 - today, had my 1st shake about 11am and felt really full, popped out for a bit of shopping and when I got back tried out one of those ketostix just out of curiosity (did one yesterday too!) and it showed the 2nd pink colour - the one above trace. This has been really encouraging as its definitely darker than yesterdays (trace) Anyway I know its only day 2 so from what I have read I'm not likely to be in ketosis but still... Had my lunchtime shake about 3pm and plan to have my evening one at about 7pm. I've been staving off any hunger pangs by drinking black coffee and tea. I also took up knitting (taught myself with the help of YouTube lol) about 6 months ago in an effort to keep myself busy on another diet and so have made a start on knitting through my stash this afternoon:)

Still feeling positive and determined although hubby has said I've been a bit grumpy today - I did pre-warn him and have tried to be on my own when I feel like that. Hubby has been lovely and supportive and tried to keep me out of the kitchen by sorting his own meals out and listening to me constantly banging on about ketosis and weight loss and everyone's stories on here bless!

I have booked a fortnight's annual leave from work so that I can get my head around LipoTrim and I really think it has helped that I know I can go have a nap if I want, relax and focus on my reasons for doing it. My doctor has initially given me a private prescription for LT for 12 weeks which will take me up to 31st March but has said that if I am going great guns, he has no problem looking after my weight loss for longer which is great because all in all I need to lose almost 10 stone!!

Anyway that's my story so far, thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging and thank you to all of you who have written diaries, I'll be following them and good luck to all of us!

Paula

P.S. Sorry this is so long, I promise the next one will be shorter ;)

Welcome Paula and good luck with your diet.. We are all new at some time or another, but the people on here are wonderful (well, most of them!! lol)

It sounds like you are doing great, and coping well.. If there is anything (and i mean ANYTHING) you are unsure of, ask on here and someone will be able to help... Also, if you feel like you are struggling, log on here.. Someone will encourage you/kick your ar8e/support you..whatever you need...

I look forward to hearing more from you x x

Hi Paula, welcome and good luck x

Thank you Su and Sandra, I have seen some of your comments on other posts and they are always very encouraging... keep up the good work ;)

Off to bed now.Day 2... done! Haven't felt like doing much today but at least I'm getting a tiny bit of exercise in with all the trips to the loo ha!

See you tomorrow, Paula x

Hi Paula :) You definitely could've gone into ketosis that quickly if you didn't have a huge amount of glycogen stored. Perhaps if you were following a lower carb diet pre Lipotrim, that would've also have depleted some of your glycogen stores. I usually go into ketosis day 3, but this time I went in at the end of day 2. I think because when I came off the diet end of last year, I didn't carb load, and so didn't have so much to lose this time. Hence, I'm not expecting a huge first week loss. Well, not as huge as last time anyhow :) It takes a while for ketosis to deepen though, so your sticks may show positives and negatives for a while. This is just because your body is using up all your ketones for energy and/or the water you are drinking is diluting them.

You're doing really well. Keep going :)

xx

Thanks Jayne, yours was one of the diaries I read yesterday and found it very helpful, it gave me a good idea of what to expect. I was particularly interested because you had a similar original weight to me (although I am a bit heavier) and after reading about your losses in the first 8 weeks... I so cannot wait to get into the 17's - I can't remember the last time I saw those numbers on my scales! I've been hovering around in the 19's for about 10 years :eek: with the exception of last year when I got into the low 18's with WW.

Well its day 3 now and I sneaky peeked this morning and I'm glad I did!! I am only going to go on what my doctors scales say officially but still delighted that my beautiful scales showed a 7lb loss!!! :D Of course I also, obsessively, used a ketostix which is now showing the darkest pink (just before the 2 purple ones) I think after today I'm going to knock that on the head though because I WILL be following this 100% so just know that my body will get into ketosis at some point (if not already)

After watching the inspirational video of before and after pics on here, I've changed my goal in my head. I previously would have been happy just to get down to a size 18 so that I could shop in most "normal" shops but now I really want to be slim! Everyone looked so fantastic and that's what I want! So I laid in bed last night picturing myself all slim and gorgeous and I can't wait! I know I've got a long journey ahead of me but I am going to do this one day at a time. There have been so many times when I have dieted in the past and felt so overwhelmed that I'd be on a diet for a year and a half so have given up maybe 6-8 weeks in. Then comes a year later and I am kicking myself because I could have been far along my journey instead of starting all over again. I think that the speed of weight loss I have read about on LT will really benefit me psychologically as will the removal of food as an option. I was so sick of having to think about food and although I was getting less obsessive towards the end I know that me and food have got issues!

On another note, my hubby has started asking more questions about LT and he has even mentioned making an appointment with the doc... I think he might want to join the LT party (ha!) which will be great because he could do with losing about 4st. I know that he will lose it quicker than me which is slightly annoying but it would be lovely to have him on board.

I feel a bit groggy in the head this morning but I'm going to put that down to not having had my morning coffee yet. I plan to keep myself busy with my knitting (I'm only 29 btw!!! lol) a bit of TV and will spend some time on here. If I feel up to it later on I think I will do a bit of cleaning but really have to be in the mood for that ha!

Good luck to you all today, we can do this!

oops... I did it again... another long one! Sorry :)

oops... I did it again... another long one! Sorry :)

LOL!! You make them as long as you like hun... Not only does it help you to get it all down, it also gives me something interesting to read if there is not a lot of posting going on!!! pmsl x x

Suffering tonight

I am suffering tonight! Help! I am having all sorts of food cravings... I will spare you the details but lots of savoury carbs :drool:. I am thinking "a little bit won't hurt" but thankfully my brain's NO function is still operational (just about) so I haven't given in and I WON'T (little pep talk to myself there!)

Am having a coffee and watching Monsters Inc :heartpump: to keep my mind off it. I really really REALLY want to succeed but God my body is testing me tonight!

Please please tell me this is going to get easier!:sign0009:

Paula
x

I am suffering tonight! Help! I am having all sorts of food cravings... I will spare you the details but lots of savoury carbs :drool:. I am thinking "a little bit won't hurt" but thankfully my brain's NO function is still operational (just about) so I haven't given in and I WON'T (little pep talk to myself there!)

Am having a coffee and watching Monsters Inc :heartpump: to keep my mind off it. I really really REALLY want to succeed but God my body is testing me tonight!

Please please tell me this is going to get easier!:sign0009:

Paula
x

I PROMISE you hun, it will get easier.. You are doing so well, you just need to keep busy busy busy.... Have a bath, early early nights, painting your nails is good..
How about we all put in a request for an item for you to knit for us??? That'll keep you busy!!
Seriously though-you will feel worse if you give in... You are a strong woman, and you CAN do this.. NOW STOP IT!!!!!! lol x x

Glad my diary was of some help to you :) I do tend to ramble on a bit! lol. So, glad to see someone else doing long posts as well :)

Don't give in to the evil cravings! Stay strong, and drink some water, black coffee or something and get that knitting out! :D The cravings will pass as the hours do. Take it hour by hour of being strong. Eventually as the weeks pass, the cravings will go altogether. It's your body adjusting from the sugar highs and lows of over indulgent eating! I have a terrible sweet tooth day to day, but whilst on this diet my cravings are all for carbs and salty things. I can almost taste them! It will pass though. Stay strong! ;)

xx

Thankfully they have passed now. It's so strange isn't it that these cravings feel sooooo urgent and strong when you have them and all you need to do to get rid of them is give yourself a good talking to and distract yourself. It definitely does help letting it out on here and getting the support from all of you who have also been there! So thanks, I really appreciate it!

P
xx

Well done for not giving in hun... You are doing really really well x x x

Yep, and that's half the battle - remembering that they do come and go. Glad you're through it and didn't give in :) xx

Stay strong Paula. For me I think that the cravings stopped completely after about week 3' then I was absolutely fine most of the time until I came to refeed.

Must start knitting again too!

Well I managed to get through day 3 relatively unscathed, cravings aside! Day 4 today and woke up so early... why does that happen when you don't have to get up for anything?! Woke up with a banging headache and dry lips so I know I didn't drink enough water yesterday, so have sipped about a litre since I woke up and I've just had my first shake which has made me feel a bit better but still feeling tired and headachy, I think I'll have a nap later.
This has felt like the longest few days of my life and I don't think I'll be on here much today as I'm going to try and take my mind off the fact that I am doing LT (is it possible???) Whilst I find reading the threads on here very supportive, I just think I'm getting a bit obsessive about it all and its all I'm thinking about at the moment. I know I've just got to get through this.

Talk to you when I'm feeling better

Paula x

Get better soon hun, and take paracetamol if you need to x x

I feel human again!!

Not sure why, but I've felt so awful most of today, I couldn't shift the headache and started feeling sick - even got a bit of room spin a bit like when you have had waaay too much to drink! So I took myself off to bed with a bucket just in case :) slept for about 3 hours and still had the headache when I woke up. I've then been struggling to fight the evil food cravings to the point where I was even seriously considering quitting and maybe going on WW because I just wanted food so badly!

I started feeling sorry for myself, had a chat with hubby who has been so supportive and told me what I needed to hear - not in a "I'll support you whatever you do" way but more made me realise a few home truths about how I'm so good at throwing the towel in. I had a bit of a cry because I know he's right but I appreciate that he was honest with me and that he's behind me 100%.

Anyway, I've given myself a good talking to, the headache has finally lifted and I'm so glad I didn't cave in again today. I really want to succeed and I know it sounds silly after only 4 days in... but I'm proud I've got through this 100%! Ordinarily I would have given in to the cravings well before now. Like I've said previously, somehow my (overall) attitude this time is much more determined and that is thanks, in part, to all of you but mostly because I am so AMAZING! pmsl

See you tomorrow, when hopefully I'll be having a better day xx

Hello, hope u don't mind me butting in! Your doing fab, Im only a day ahead of you, it's been a bit pants today but like you I am determined, we can do this! As vie mentioned before this site has certainly helped keep me on the straight and narrow, here's to a positive week!

Hi Lola! Please butt in all you like, we're in this together! I just wanted to write a diary so that I can look back on it at some point in the future.
How are you finding day 5 then, do you think you're in ketosis yet? This is the craziest thing I've ever done to my body... well apart from stuffing it with junk food for the past 20 years anyway!

We will do it!! And I see from your sig you're losing weight for your wedding? What a great reason. We had a very quick,small wedding because I just looked so fat and the thought of a wedding dress was just hideous, I have to admit that makes me quite sad. My weight and self image controls my life and this is one of the reasons I want off the fat train!

All the best to you, I hope you reach your goal in plenty of time and can just enjoy what is supposed to be the best day of your life!

xx

Back