Pauline Quirk Book

ROSB

Pauline Quirk's Book is out on 1st March, it details her year long journey on LL. It is on offer as a pre-order from Amazon at £7 off RRP. I have ordered a copy as I am a Book Worm anyway. Details of book below:

Pauline Quirke was a skinny child, a slim teenager, a curvy woman, then ­- according to her bathroom scales (curse them) - just plain fat. Yes, the 'F' word. Tipping the scales at nearly 20 stone, with creaking knees and a dodgy ankle to boot, at the beginning of 2011 Pauline had reached a crisis point. Something had to change, and fast.

It was never going to be an easy ride, but with her trademark warmth and sense of humour, Pauline recounts the highs and lows of the rollercoaster year in which she whips herself, and her life, into shape - with a fair few tales from her celebrated forty-year acting career thrown into the bargain. She reveals all: from the strain of working long hours away from home on one of Britain's most popular soaps to renewing her wedding vows and reuniting with her Birds of a Feather co-stars; from battling the bulge and facing the naysayers to rediscovering the joys of airline travel . . . without a seatbelt extension.

Honest and revealing, Where Have I Gone? is brimming with brilliantly funny anecdotes and truly moving moments. So put your feet up and join Pauline as she embarks on the most incredible year of her life.

I ordered the book a while ago too - let's hope it's good!

I started lighterlife back in october after reading about Pauline and how well she had done. we are a similar age and i thought if she can do that so can I . I even pinned a magazine cutting of her on my kitchen noticeboard for inspiration . I am pleased to say i am now 4 and a half stone lighter and justing starting week six of rtm 6lbs under goal Life has never been better, i am running 3 times a week and went to the gym yesterday for the first time not bad for a 54 year old grandmother of 3. Thank you Pauline !

You should write to her and tell her about it Lozzer. She would love to know she has been such an inspiration. I bet that she has a website, twitter account or blog or something. I didn't actually know she had done LL until after I started. But I agree she has inspired me - even though I am a few years younger. (just a few...)

Back