Paul's NEW Slim 'n' Save Diary - going quite well.

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
I am starting Slim and Save tomorrow, Mon 4 August 2013. Well, I plan to anyway and the reason I say this is that every time I say I'm going to start, when it comes to crunch time, I always think "one more day" and that turns into a week and so on.

I did do CWP before, a few years ago, lost roughly 7 stone, so was successful at it, but unfortunately it's all gone back on again, and then some. My old CWP diary is at: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/33009-paul-s-diary-help-me-my-cd-journey.html if you want to go and have a look, but I am going to be focusing on this diary from now on.

I am going to try and update this daily, but we will see as time goes on. Ultimately, I want to lose 8 stone !!!!!!!! So it's a touch challenge and a very long one at that, but I need to do something quick as my life is going down the pan. I am also unemployed, which is also got me down a lot and I can't help but think I am being rejected partly because of my weight and how I look. I know employers arent meant to, but it's just human nature, I think. After all, who would you like to represent your company to the public ? A nice, slim person or a 24 stone, out of shape, always sweating person who is always trying to catch his breath (that's me, by the way.)

Any way, wish me lots of luck as I'm gonna need it, and I'll hopefully see you tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow Paul, you can do this :D
Remember to drink plenty of water and having early nights helps if you are likely to want to eat later in the evening (like I do!)

Good luck Paul :)

I know you shouldn't really, but I tend to weigh myself nearly every day when I am on a VLCD diet. I only count one weigh in a week as my official weigh-in, but I do it every day so I know I am on the right track, if I'm not then there's time to change it up before the end of the week.

Anyway, yesterday I did feel hunger a few times but I didn't crumble. I stepped onto the scales this morning but didn't get a concrete reading, but with every reading it was going in the right direction, so that's all that matters really. So, the readings this morning means I have either lost 2LBS or 4 LBS, just yesterday. So I am quite pleased with the results whichever it is. Day 2 starts now. I am gonna have to sort my stuff out as I am running out of stuff, as I didn't really have enough stuff when I started but just wanted to start the diet. I may have to buy some alternative stuff from the shops until I get some money and can order some more S&S stuff. In my cupboards I have 10 S&S meals, 2 S&S bars, quite a few shakes from 'SLIMMM' and 2 big tubs of Slim-Fast. As you can see, I've tried all the diets, LOL. I know I shouldn't mix and match for a long period of time, but just temporarily until I get more S&S stuff I don't think will hurt too much. After all, surely it's better than going off the diet completely and going back onto normal food completely. Anyway, I've gotta go and make a shake (or something) for breakfast as I'm sitting here getting hungry. See ya.

Hmmm, a little disappointed this morning as the scales have stayed the same BUT saying that in 4 days I have lost 4 lbs so still good, but me being me, and judging by how I done the first time around on a VLCD I was a bit disappointed by this result (first time round first week weight lost was 11 lbs, it's going to be no where near that this time around, saying that it is about the 1 millionth time I've done it :D)
Even though I have only been on this since Monday, so 4 days so far as I am typing this before I have started my Friday, it seems as though it is taking ages for the time to pass. I suppose that is because I am used to eating food even when I was bored and obviously, now I am not. Does anyone else have this ?

Be easy on your body Paul, it probably just needed a day to process having got rid of the 4lbs you already lost in 4 DAYS!! ;) You're doing great, relax and enjoy the ride. Don't fret with the scale differences, you'll find sometimes you'll go up or stay the same, then suddenly at the of the week you're down a really good amount of lbs, probably more than you expected.

Hang in there, you're doing great and will continue to do so if you stick to the plan. :)

Thanks for the reply's everyone, it really helps reading all your posts. Well, this morning I have lost some more. I only started on Monday and so far I have lost 6 lbs which takes me down to 23 and a half stones, so that's almost half a stone already. And I also measured myself, I have lost 3 and a half inches off my waist :) So quite a successful first week (that hasn't even finished yet), I think :D

I've finished this week off with a disappointing 5 lbs loss overall (but it's 5 lbs less than I was before and I wouldn't of lost anywhere near 5lbs in one week on a normal diet) (as well as 3.5 inches off waist, I'm pleased of this). I know why. I had dinner up my step-Mums and Dad's the other day and she done me a bowl of spaghetti bolognase, and I haven't really been downing the water like I should be. I knew that I probably shouldn't eat it all but I didn't have the heart to say No, as she had been nice enough to cook it for me. Does anyone else have this problem ?

Anyway, looking on to this new week, I would LOVE to lose 8 or 9 lbs, but I know that this is a VERY tall order, especially for only 2nd week. But this way losing 8 lbs would get me down to 23st exactly and losing 9 lbs would just tip me over into the 22 stone category. I have an exercise bike which I am thinking of getting out of the shed so I can use it every day. I know that a lot of exercise can hinder weight-loss on this diet (which obviously I don't want to do), so how much exercise bike do you think I should do every night ?

Hi Paul, give yourself a chance man. 5lbs is a great result for Week 1. This programme does work, depending on how lucky you are, better for some. Take it week by week, day by day and the weight will come off. Don't expect too much and then you won't be disappointed.

All the best for Week 2,

Conor

Back