PCOS and TTC

PrincessAly

Hi,

Its great to see a thread on PCOS. I have recently been referred to the fertility clinic as we have been ttc for 5 years. i have had problems over the last 3 years, my GP kept fobbing me off saying that my constant bleeding was a symptom of PCOS and that if i wanted it to stop i have to go on the pill. Which of course, i wouldn't as we were ttc. After 2 years of me demanding they refer me to a gynae they finally did and it turned out that i had hyperplasia (pre cancerous cells) anyway that's another story. So my consultant has sent me for some tests but advised that they are unable to help me conceive unless my BMI is 30, its currently 38. So i have about 3.5 stones to loose, which isnt too bad, as i know i need to loose it but i didnt think they would be so strict. A lot of threads i have read have said they need to have a BMI of 35, so this surprised me. She said that i might find that as i loose weight i might fall pregnant naturally, have any of you ladies had success in this? i know i will lose the weight, i am determined, however i dont have any hope in it happening naturally and it would be nice to hear some stories from people who struggled to conceive and then when they lost weight they got their little miracle.

thank you x

I'm in a very similar position and now in the process to try and lose weight been TTC for 6 years...

I have heard loads of success stories that ppl have lost weight and got pregnant

Good luck

Back