PCOS & Cambridge

Hey everyone --

I have PCOS & an under active thyroid.

I take Thyroxine for the thyroid which gives me a little more energy, but im consistently (from the start) having low losses.

In my first week I lost 6lbs - which is good but it's taken me 7/8 weeks to lose 1st 2lbs & I've been pretty focused, drinking more water that 2.5ltrs. Cheating once or twice due to events & weekends away, but generally trying hard.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Xx

I have the same conditions.... I don't do Cambridge but following Paleo and I allow no carbs ....
My losses can range from 1 lb loss to 6lbs depending on exercise and how strict I am.
I don't actually take my meds for the pcos anymore and have learnt to control majority of the side affects without the meds just by food alone. I feel so much better for it , however it's taken me 8 years up till last September to get in tothe right frame of mind and probably up till now really to realise how food affects my body.
I've lost 4 stone since September- that's slow but I proved to myself against the odds of low thyroid and insulin resistance from the pcos I CAN lose weight. And I'm still losing.

Stick with it and don't be dishearten no matter what- you have to remember slow but sure is best atleast that way you learn the tips to maintain at goal and you are more likely to keep it off.
I found personally it took a while for my body to get used to life without carbs or sugar but I have the odd time off and that just reinforces exactly why I made the decision to lose weight and try to control the pcos myself.
The thyroid is a bugger because it always feels like I find it harder to lose compared to mates and yet we could eat the same and they drink but my loses are always smaller.... You will get to know your body over the course of your journey so tune in and stay focused - that's the best thing you can learn, once you know what your bodies up to your well on your way ;-)

Good luck and all the best and remember to take measurements aswell as the scales....
Xx

Back