Step2 810kcal Penicillin

callumsmammy

Does anyone know if i am allowed to carry on with the diet when i am on penicillin? I have got tonsillitis and feel terrible. Today i have eaten a little I've cream but i am hoping in a couple of days when sore throat and horrible ill feeling goes i could get straight back on even though i will still be finishing my course of penicillin. Ive text CDC but still waiting or a reply.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think when you are poorly you can stay on the plan but have to go up a step or 2 to give your body the extra energy it will need to heal/fight the infection. That said I don't know if anything in the products could affect certain medications and how they work. If your consultant doesn't get back to you the pharmacist would probably be a good person to ask. The CDC will have someone they can get medical advice from at HQ.

Thanks for this. My CDC eventually got back and said i would have to go up to 1200 or 1500 step while on the tablets. Gutted as it means i will def be out of ketosis as these plans include carbs.
Normally i would have thought lets make the most of eating but as i have tonsillitis i cant actually swallow any food. Ice cream was all i managed yesterday. Lets hope this sorts itself soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back