• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



people putting you off....

S: 14st0lb C: 11st6.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 25.1 Loss: 2st7.5lb(18.11%)
#1
I had a comment the other day, that has been wandering around my mind ever since. I have gone from 14st, to 12st 4lb since march, at 5"6 this still puts my bmi well above 25. My goal has never been to get "skinny", and I believe at about 10 and a half I will be happy (my body shape seems to think it will allow me this!!). Most of my obvious weightloss has come from my bum and my legs, I'm still carrying a bit too much extra around my middle!!

Someone I've not seen since the end of May told me that she thought id done really well but I can't lose anymore because it will make me look unwell. She isn't the first to say this, probably won't be the last. She meant it in a friendly way, she's not one to make digs.

Does anyone else get these comments when your willpower is waining anyway? Do you have a set response, reaction? Part of me wants to prove them all wrong: look, another 2 stone and I don't look anorexic!!
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
#2
I had a friend say that to me also!when I went from weight 13.10 to 12 stone, at the time I agreed with heras I was at my weight I was before I fell pregnant so I suppose she was just used to seeing me that size as I was also.but as time went on I decided I still wasn't 100% happy as still carrying it all around middle so now I'm back on it and at 11.6 so far andfeeling and looking better for it.she's seen me since and when I told her i still wanna lose another 10lbs she didn't say anything,most of my friends say my figure is fine now but I just want my weight to be within a healthy bmi.it's 24 at mo and I'll be happy when it's 23.

Do whatever makes u feel happy.if u feel u want to lose more then go for it don't let these comments stop u.

Xx
 
S: 14st2lb C: 10st13.5lb G: 10st2lb BMI: 24.8 Loss: 3st2.5lb(22.47%)
#3
I've had this said to me by my own sister. She's a but bigger than me and an apple shape so to her my tummy might look small but it really isn't and isn't really in proportion with the rest of me still. Like you I started at around 14st 2lb last year (and we're the same height hon). I maintained at 12st 2lb for a while but I wasnt happy and wanted a healthy bmi. I'm now 11st 6 and looking to get to 10 and a half same as you (I'm quite broad and 10.7 would be as far as I'd go with this I think... I'd be a size 10 at that weight). Keep on going hon and if you need support, I'm here (we're similar size with similar goals ;)) don't let other peoples comments get to you, she probably thought she was being kind but if you aren't happy in yourself then you'll work to get to a size you're happy with. And you won't look anorexic, sheesh... You'll look a bit slimmer and healthy is all. You will have lost a good lot of the excess fat at this stage and now its just the last part (usually the slowest to come off lol). Well done on your loss so far hon, you've done really well xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins
 
#4
You need to do what feels right for you. Don't let anything stop you, you should be really proud of your weight loss so far.
It's your body and you know when you feel happy. Good luck x
 
S: 14st0lb C: 11st6.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 25.1 Loss: 2st7.5lb(18.11%)
#5
I wonder though, does it get to a point where the compliments stop and confidence-knocking comments start? Or do the majority keep encouraging??
 
#6
I don't really take notice of any comments unless it's my mum.I think if people start saying negative things it's prob down to jealousy.I have one friend that keeps saying seriously y are u losing more weight u don't need to but she's a very big girl so she would prob say that,we always look at people that are slightly smaller and think y are they losing weight.but if u don't feel happy in yourself then u won't until u lose it.it's ur body ur person so do what makes u happy.as I put if my mum told me I was looking ill or I'd lost too much weight I would prob listen as I trust her opinion over anybody's!at the moment shes not saying much just well done every time I lose.so I can't be looking too bad.

Xx
 

Rosie_Lee

Silver Member
S: 14st0.5lb C: 9st7lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 4st7.5lb(32.32%)
#7
my hubby is saying the same and i have a long way to go.
i think it's because they are used to seeing you a certain way and when you lose weight you obviously change a lot and they don't like it.

i just said to him , i was a lot lighter than this when you met me, you will get used to it. :)
 
#8
Exactly my oh says the same he keeps saying ur wasting away etc but I hardly am wasting away at size 12.it's just coz when I had my son I was a size 16-18 so yeh to see me a twelve again is prob a shock,but I look back on pics and kno that this size suits me a lot better.like u said it's just coz they r used to seeing u bigger.xx
 
S: 11st2.4lb C: 11st2lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 23 Loss: 0st0.4lb(0.26%)
#9
Hiya I get that comment everytime I reach the start of 11stone mark. It's my 3rd time of getting to 11st something (1st was cos I was over weight, 2nd was losing the baby weight with my 1st DD and now is baby weight after my 2nd DD this year)

I've had that comment 'don't lose too much because you'll look too thin and unwell so many times that now I just 'agree' that i won't lose too much and then carry on as per normal. It used to annoy me because I felt that friends and family didn't trust my judgement. I'm not going to get to a unhealthy weight.

Hubby has said he will always support me in the weight I wish to be as long as i am eating well.

I'm 5ft 8" and would like to be 10st 7 lbs if I look ok, otherwise I'm happy to settle on 11st 0lb

Just smile, say you will be sensible and carry on as you are. I'm sure you will know when the best weight is x
 
#10
Cheekypasterfield said:
Hiya I get that comment everytime I reach the start of 11stone mark. It's my 3rd time of getting to 11st something (1st was cos I was over weight, 2nd was losing the baby weight with my 1st DD and now is baby weight after my 2nd DD this year)

I've had that comment 'don't lose too much because you'll look too thin and unwell so many times that now I just 'agree' that i won't lose too much and then carry on as per normal. It used to annoy me because I felt that friends and family didn't trust my judgement. I'm not going to get to a unhealthy weight.

Hubby has said he will always support me in the weight I wish to be as long as i am eating well.

I'm 5ft 8" and would like to be 10st 7 lbs if I look ok, otherwise I'm happy to settle on 11st 0lb

Just smile, say you will be sensible and carry on as you are. I'm sure you will know when the best weight is x
I'm 5"8 too hun and 11"6 at mo and I would Like to be about 10"9 I don't think that's too skinny for our height I think that's a perfect weight.maybe if we went into the 9s we would prob look silly but the 10a r fine for how tall we r xx
 
S: 11st2.4lb C: 11st2lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 23 Loss: 0st0.4lb(0.26%)
#11
Claireanddanielson said:
I'm 5"8 too hun and 11"6 at mo and I would Like to be about 10"9 I don't think that's too skinny for our height I think that's a perfect weight.maybe if we went into the 9s we would prob look silly but the 10a r fine for how tall we r xx
I'm one pound off 11st 6lbs we are virtually the same. Hope you don't mind me asking but what clothes size are you? I'm a 10 top and 14bottoms I'm finding clothes shopping very frustrating at the mo as i thought bring 11st would get me into 12's

Claire x
 

PrettyPaula

Amusing Title.
S: 16st12lb C: 16st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 0st12lb(5.08%)
#12
im 5ft 10 and honestly havent got a clue what weight is going to suit me, ive been fat since i was 11 years old!
 
S: 12st9.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st11.5lb(6.48%)
#13
My best mate is one of the worst at telling me i don't need to lose weight, its got to a point now where i've told her i'm not dieting!!
I think she thinks its a competition and she was secretley dieting because i was and then was telling me she's lost weight with stress.

I'm ignoring it all now, I am overweight, my bmi is to high so i will lose weight for me :)
 
#14
Cheekypasterfield said:
I'm one pound off 11st 6lbs we are virtually the same. Hope you don't mind me asking but what clothes size are you? I'm a 10 top and 14bottoms I'm finding clothes shopping very frustrating at the mo as i thought bring 11st would get me into 12's

Claire x
I'm a 12 bottoms in most places now but occasionally need a 14 and I was a 14 top coz I'm Quite broad but recently got into a size 12 now,thanks to zumba.I think it really depends where u shop the other week I picked up two size 12 jeans exactly the same style in next one pair fitted perfect other pair couldn't get above my knees!new look jeans seem to be best fit for me now with the 12s.yet I find size 12 tops
In next come big so could get away with a 10.mad isn't it!xx
 


Similar threads



Top