People

tigger22

Silver Member
Can anyone please tell me , why people feel the need to give unwanted advice opinions etc ...
I had a good day yesterday was proud of having week 1 done & dusted ... Then I'm told the dangers of extreme dieting etc .. You will look gaunt , pale . I feel I'm going to kill someone lol
I

People can't help themselves tigger22. Especially for something like this diet where the losses can be so amazing!! The greater the losses the bigger the begrudger!! Everyone gets the negative comments, just brush them to one side and know that your end goal is to be a healthy weight were you can feel good about yourself. Only you can control how the diet pans out for you and you're not silly enough to risk your health so just shrug it off and know you did well to get through your first week and look forward to week 2.

Diet Sabateurs...just ignore them.

You just have to ignore them. I had explained to my dad what I was doing and that I had 6 stone to lose. He was fine with it. Now I am 2 and a half stone in he has started going on about being careful not to develop an eating disorder. I told him how much I had lost and he immediately said' don't you get like her in the paper!' She was the worst case of anorexia known and had got down to 3 STONE!!!! Errr yeah ok dad. *eyeroll* just another 10 stone to go then?

Last edited:
Tigger22, I have been prone to this, my thread negative comments on here will show this. But to cut a long story short I have a work colleague who is like this every week, and to top this off she is overweight too. I just think now that she is jealous of my impressive weight loss and she isnt losing anything. Also when I have been out with family and friends that I have not seen in a while and some that I have not seen since before starting the diet and they have complemented the amazing weight loss even over heard one telling my mum that I had a new lease of life and a big sparkle in my eyes and lovely glow on my face :D. listen to complements and think of the negative comments as jealousy.

Most people mean well. If they are close friends and family members then they will look closely at the negatives of a quick loss exercise (and of course there are some negatives) It is all a question of balance imo, if you have taken everything on board and have a plan then feel confident in the choices you are making :)

Thanks for the replys everyone , I just neede to rant lol... My mam is one of the worse culprits , I no she has older views , but I've struggled for years with my weight and she has witnessed first hand .. My dr. Has said we eat our feeling ,& if that's the case I'm f...... . Excuse the French !
My little boy has special needs and I'm constantly fighting for everything his entitled too , I then get frustrated make tea and reach for food .. I want to lose another 3 stone before Xmas fingers crossed
Thank you all for the support

Just keep doing what you are doing and you will achieve it xx

My mum was against it too even though she knew the struggles I had trying to lose weight, until I sat her down and advised her that it was a doctors/pharmacy only diet and not available anywhere (so it was safe as had to have weekly weigh in's). I also made her watch the DVD too so she understood exactly how it worked and since then my mum has supported me through this. Now if anyone says a bad word she is first to put them straight and defends me.

Back