Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Musical Missy, 20 May 2009.

1. Musical Missy

Musical Missy Well-Known Member

I'm on day 6 today and have just started bleeding and I have no idea why! I've been on the pill for over a year and my period is usually as regular as clockwork starting on day 4 of my 7 day break and then finishing 4 days later.
    I'm not currently on my break so I can only assume its diet related - anyone else experienced this??
    BTW - I'm not a beginner to this - I did LL and Cambridge last year/ year before last and was on it continually for about 7 months but I wasn't on the pill last time and my periods weren't affected anyway.

Thanks in advance

MM x
  2. daisydoll

daisydoll Well-Known Member

no, sorry. i have been the same as normal so far
    daisy x
  3. snannapuss

snannapuss Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm on the mini pill and started a period in week 2 of ll when I'm not supposed to have them at all.
    This period was continuous until about week17! It wasn't heavy but still a pain in the a*#$!
    Apparantly, it can happen because your fat cells contain estrogen and if they are reducing rapidly, they let some of this estrogen out. This is what can cause a change in your usual cycle.
    Hope this helps and that you'r enot on for as long as I was!
  4. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

It is quite common that ladies cycles are affected by VLCDs however they do return to normal as you return to normal healthy eating.