Extra Easy Days Personal hidden sabotage

teresa32uk

Silver Member
Yesterday i made the decision to get back on track and start a food diary however after 1 good day i messed up and ate 3 packets of full fat crisps and a twix, it then got worse and i had chips when i got home admittedly i stopped half way through but it got me thinking however what was sabotaging my slimming plan and it think i have the answer so i thought i would share.

BREAD - well sandwiches to be precise

I stick to the HE allowance of bread but as soon as i have a sandwich it makes me want crisps to go with my sandwich which gets me using me syns too early in the day and then leaves me in the evening craving syns and going over.

Also if i have a sandwich and crisps i then feel the need to have something sweet and for some reason a yoghurt or fruit just wont cut it.

So my plan for the next week is no sandwiches and have bread for breakfast so i cannot be tempted what so ever, I will then see if i can have a good week.

I wonder if we all have a hidden sabotage food that triggers something in us that makes it harder to stick to plan. Have a think and please share.

I know what you mean about sandwiches & wanting crisps along side - & like you fruit just doesn't cut mt sweet craving either!!

Why not try eating porridge for breakfast instead of any bread at all?? Or somebody posted in the food pictures section of recipies a pic of toast with sliced banana with melted choc on top - 2syns if i remember right? That may curb your sweet craving

Yesterday i made the decision to get back on track and start a food diary however after 1 good day i messed up and ate 3 packets of full fat crisps and a twix, it then got worse and i had chips when i got home admittedly i stopped half way through but it got me thinking however what was sabotaging my slimming plan and it think i have the answer so i thought i would share.

BREAD - well sandwiches to be precise

I stick to the HE allowance of bread but as soon as i have a sandwich it makes me want crisps to go with my sandwich which gets me using me syns too early in the day and then leaves me in the evening craving syns and going over.

Also if i have a sandwich and crisps i then feel the need to have something sweet and for some reason a yoghurt or fruit just wont cut it.

So my plan for the next week is no sandwiches and have bread for breakfast so i cannot be tempted what so ever, I will then see if i can have a good week.

I wonder if we all have a hidden sabotage food that triggers something in us that makes it harder to stick to plan. Have a think and please share.

Hun, that sounds more like habit to me! It's like having a cup of tea and always having to have a biscuit to dunk in it! Habits can be changed - it just takes willpower and substitution! So you like your bread, which you're using as a Hex, instead of having crisps why not have some Ryvita minis with them (Hex B) or something sweet Hifi etc. (Hex B) but not together (one or the other) and give yourself time after having your snadwich to see if you really fancy it or not or if indeed it is just a habit - which can be broken! Hope this helps?? xxx

If you switch your crisp choices and have french fries (4.5 syns) instead of full fat crisps and have a mini milkyway (3 syns - I THINK) instead of a big Twix then you can have your sammich, crisps and chocolate for 7.5 syns and still have a few left for a hot choccie after dinner!

Also, bananas are nature's candybar, and fill me right up when a lousy rubbish apple just won't do!

There is no doubt some foods lead to more cravings. I find if I stick to my porridge /berry breakfast and cut out bread for sandwiches I am more likely to stick to plan. I know SW encourage a little bit of what you fancy synned but for me my palate gets used to not having choc sweet stuff apart from fruit especially berries so am less likely to crave the highly synned foodstuff.

I agree with Deg, Im trying to cut right down on bread as i feel it doesnt fill a hole for me really and its a waste of my HXb

I have discovered since being on SW that sandwiches don't seem to fill me... they make me more hungry. If I have 4 Ryvitas with something on them I am completely full and don't snack at all in the afternoons. Maybe try something else for lunch, non bread wise?

Asda cheese curls are 3.5 syns a pack and taste better than Quavers in my opinion. I have a packet everyday. I also have Mikados (prefer the white chocolate ones) and they are 0.5 syns each...you dont have to go without Hun...just plan. Also, why not have your bread and crisps as something to look forward to at the end of the day???

Back