Personal question

nzmegs

Silver Member
Apologies in advance for this question but I was wondering what other people have experienced. I was also prompted by something which Eatlikeabird said in her diary.

Have you (ladies or men) noticed a change in your libido since being on LLT. I have to admit that I have felt less and less "inclined"...

I guess that losing weight affects hormones levels as we store hormones in our fat. Also the lack of cals might affect energy levels.

I used to have a very clear monthly cycle where my libido would come and go as the month went by. It was like clockwork and I could rely on it. Certain times of the month I just wasn't interested. other times I was ;)

Nowadays, I either feel too tired, feel a bit rough or just can't be bothered.

You would think that as my body improves and I feel more confident that I would be more interested - not less.

Has anyone else experienced this and or other hormone related issues?

On a more positive note - my mood swings and monthly food cravings have also settled down. So I suppose that is good. I just want to go back to normal though.

Could this just be because I am not having the usual glass of wine to relax and get in the mood?

I was on Total from January until August last year and have to say I noticed the same lack of - ehmm- interest all the way through. But then again, I was also one of the few people that did NOT experience the famous energy increase while in ketosis.

It seems like we all react differently and have different side effects, but we're putting our bodies through a lot while on the programme, so it's nothing unusual, as confirmed by the GP as well.

The good news is that once you reach your goal and start RTM, everything should slowly but surely get back to normal ;)

I have found that with losing weight I'm more confident, less self conscious, even with my saggy skin. Which is a huge plus in intimate situations. I don't find the change in hormones has affected that side of things.

Back