Pets names.

fillymum

synful soul
I came a cross an image of a cat called Hairey Pawter and it made me smile. I thought about my lot and their names. None are that amusing our 2 Great Danes were born on Christmas Eve 3 years ago and are called Santa and Klaus and our three kitties, 2 of whom have deformed tails are called Rag, Tag and Bob. All the rest have pretty ordinary names like Timmy, George, Babe etc.

I wondered if any of your pets have crazy or different names.

I remember a dressage horse called The Bar Steward and that was one that always made he smile. I spoke to the owners and apparently he was a ba****rd , very difficult to work with. That was another one that made me smile.

I have a Collie x Flat Coat Retriever called Bob ..... not very unusual I hear you say!!!

He now only has three legs so he really does bob along!!!!

My cat is called Scampi.
Don't ask me why - we inherited him from the previous owner of our house

My cats are called Gizmo & Munchkin

Our dog is called Misty, but we call her Woofer (self explanitory!)
And our cat is called Paprika but we call her Pigeon!!! See makes "brrr" noises like a pigeon. She also occasionally says "merangue" as her meow haha

Our current accatrements are Fluffy, Butters, Charlie, Lola, Dora and Stairs. The last 4 were named by the Munchkin, three are kids tv show characters, and the other was named when she had a spell of "call it after the first thing you see" - along with her now deceased brother Pogo Stick. Taking Stairs to the vet is not at all embarrassing. No.

We have 2 dogs, max and bernie and 3 cats Micky who was named after mickey blue eyes as he has the bluest eyes you have ever seen, Tia after Tia Maria...and Tiddles who started life as Top Cat but thats to much of a mouthful so I changed it!

Our current accatrements are Fluffy, Butters, Charlie, Lola, Dora and Stairs. The last 4 were named by the Munchkin, three are kids tv show characters, and the other was named when she had a spell of "call it after the first thing you see" - along with her now deceased brother Pogo Stick. Taking Stairs to the vet is not at all embarrassing. No.

LOL !!!!

Love it....Stairs is so unique and as for Pogo Stick how did the vet cope with that one ???

Mine dogs are pretty "normal" Jake, Molly and Fate, the vet had said he had never heard a dog called Fate before :) He has since been renamed little git as he doesnt want to toilet train at the moment!!

When working at a vets I met two rotties Rogan and Josh...I loved it when they were called in together.

There's a dog that does flyball called Jake, but as he only has 3 legs his mum calls him Tripod :) He's a lush lab!

My current cat is a wee girlie who was beaten up by her owner so when she came to us (we foster the oldies and 'broken' cats that nobody wants for a local charity) she hated everyone and my poor hubby DID get savaged a couple of times...usually when he invaded her space and ignored her growling and terrified body language :(
But given time she has become one of the most loving trusting cats we have ever met and now she seems to relax with us 90% of the time and when she is in those good moods she is called Suzi PussCat :character00100:
But when she is NOT in her good mood she is Suzi Hellcat :giggle: We both give her space on those days :p

She might never become as relaxed as a cat who has never known anything but love but with us she is in her Forever Home and will never know violence or raised voices ever again.

I have got 3 cats- a siamese called Heidi but we sometimes call her Bones cos shes so skinny. A black mog called Ferny but we sometimes call her Fernychimps - no idea why!, and another black mog called Smokey- aka fatpuss. they usually respond to their nick names rather than normal ones- get some funny looks when calling them in lol

My current cat is a wee girlie who was beaten up by her owner so when she came to us (we foster the oldies and 'broken' cats that nobody wants for a local charity) she hated everyone and my poor hubby DID get savaged a couple of times...usually when he invaded her space and ignored her growling and terrified body language :(
But given time she has become one of the most loving trusting cats we have ever met and now she seems to relax with us 90% of the time and when she is in those good moods she is called Suzi PussCat :character00100:
But when she is NOT in her good mood she is Suzi Hellcat :giggle: We both give her space on those days :p

She might never become as relaxed as a cat who has never known anything but love but with us she is in her Forever Home and will never know violence or raised voices ever again.

I think I like you a lot !!!!

We have 4 house cats, 1 stable cat and feed a feral cat everyday, we haven't missed a day for 3 years.
Lots of folks take the cute kittens in but it takes someone special to take the oldies and broken.............

Gillykat: so sweet to hear that she's settled in well with you both :) even if she does have hellish moments, that's a huge achievement!

I have two guinea pigs, Terk (girl) and Tantor (boy). They're named after two characters from the Disney film Tarzan :D

I have a cat called Sasha who we rescued and she came with that name. My eldest daughter has a hamster called Marley (after the dog) and my middle one has two rats called Splat and Fred (Splat has a coloured splodge down his back and Fred as she liked it) . Our previous 2 cats were Poppy (because I like it but not for a child), and Tiggy (tabby) previous hamsters were Houdini (he escaped from the box on the way home from the pet shop) and Molly (present to the children after spending a few days in Dublin). My first cat at home was Dinky, then Blue( as he had gorgeous blue eyes) then Pippa. Forgot the goldfish were Fluffy(?) and can't remember.

Last edited:
Back