PGCE Panic: Diary of a Trainee Teacher

becimarie

So I am starting my PGCE in Secondary English in September, and I am petrified that I will be the "fat" teacher. I started SW in January in order to try and shrink down by September, and hopefully reach target by the time I qualify as a NQT.
So far I have lost 2st 1.5lbs on SW but I am starting to struggle, having lost just half a pound last week! I need to start writing things down in order to keep myself motivated. I'll probably write occasional food diaries, depending on how often I remember to do it! But mostly this will just be a place for me to write about slimming, and my journey.

I mostly follow the EE plan, so unless stated otherwise, that is what I'm doing.

Today I've eaten:

B: skipped (I'm pretty bad at eating breakfast)
L: 2x slices wm bread (HeB), with ham, lettuce, cucumber, tomato and red onion, cheese quavers (4 syns), 3x laughing cow extra light cheese triangles (half my HeA), strawberries, banana and a handful of grapes with strawberry muller light and a can of pepsi max.

About to have dinner which will be jacket potato with salad and tuna mayo.

I also cleaned my car today for about 3 hours, which was quite a workout! It was so disgusting!

The next couple of days will be relatively easy, but I am worried most about how I'll be from Monday onwards, as I am working 10 days straight and I struggle with food when I work that much.

It's been a really good week this week. I've not done much body magic but I've had a really good week weight wise. WI isn't until tomorrow though, so I won't know until then what sort of progress I've made this week. I'm hoping for 2lbs, but anything would be better than a STS or a gain!

I've found that I don't really eat a lot of bread, and I'm not a big cereal fan. This means I often miss out on my HeB, which my consultant says isn't the worst thing in the world. However, this week I've been using it almost every day by having Alpen Light bars, which I really like and often help curb my chocolate cravings too!

I'm going to try drinking more water next week, as I feel like my water intake has seriously slipped lately.

Well I lost 1lb at WI which was better than nothing but I was expecting slightly more. That said, if I can lose 1lb a week, I will reach my 3.5st loss award by the time I leave for my pgce to start (I'm 3.5lbs off my 2.5 award right now).
It'll also mean ill be just 2.5lbs off my goal pf hitting 15st by the time I start so pretty close!

Hey, well done on your loss!

image-3162688494.jpg

I'm a career adviser and I did my post grad course 4 years ago. You'll not only appreciate losing weight for your course class but standing up in front of a room full of kids is pretty daunting, same at parents info sessions. You'll feel so much better doing that sort of thing as a teacher if you feel and look better imo. That's one of my big motivators for doing this.

Yes, that's my thoughts exactly. Children will find any little thing to fixate on when it comes to their teachers, and the last thing I want them to fixate on with me is that I'm "the fat teacher"! So definitely want to fix that and be more confident in front of the classroom.

I had the NICEST breakfast this morning. I made a "breakfast omelette" including bacon (with all the fat trimmed off), tomatoes and mushrooms, all baked into an omelette! I syned a tbsp of ketchup to go with it too which was so yummy! Plus, because I was having a late breakfast, it will mean I won't need lunch until a bit later, or just have a small lunch like a mugshot and some fruit probably.

So I've been having such terrible chocolate cravings lately and it's meant either really struggling to fight them or caving and ending up using lots of syns on chocolate that I shouldn't have been using! I've tried to fix this issue by making rice krispie squares that have worked out to be just 2 syns a piece, so hopefully this will fix my chocolate cravings without costing me too many syns!

If anyone is interested, I used a 340g box of rice krispies (be warned, I weighed mine just to be sure and it actually had 360g of rice krispies!!) which was 79.2 syns for the whole box, and 3 bars of Asda Chosen by You Milk Chocolate (27.5 syns a bar), and 1 Galaxy Ripple (just to take the total up to 170 syns, which was easier to split!).

I melted all the chocolate together, and poured it into the rice krispies. This made a huge batch of mixture, which I managed to split into 85 rice krispie squares. This sounds like a lot, but they aren't all going to be eaten by me! My brothers are a nightmare for eating anything nice that's in the house, so they will eat the vast majority. The bonus is, even though they aren't MEGA chocolately, they are well coated and still have a nice flavour, but are only 2 syns each :)

Back