Phase switching

Alcofrollic

Today is my last day on the Attack phase, I'm quite excited to start adding in some veggies to my food :D
I just wanted to check what kind of pattern others have used for their PP and PV days? I was thinking of doing 5PV 5PP, is that better than alternating the days to 1PV 1PP?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'd like to know what rotation worked best for those that have had results :)

Today is my last day on the Attack phase, I'm quite excited to start adding in some veggies to my food :D
I just wanted to check what kind of pattern others have used for their PP and PV days? I was thinking of doing 5PV 5PP, is that better than alternating the days to 1PV 1PP?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'd like to know what rotation worked best for those that have had results :)

Hi,

I think most people tend to do 1PP 1PV but its entirely up to you and how it would best fit in with your lifestyle. After you've had some veg you may find it hard to go 5 days without!

The 5PP / 5PV would be the rhythm recommended for someone of your current weight but, as the previous poster says, it can be tough going. I did it too at the outset as, in the original French book, it is the one he swore by (he's subsequently corrected that for lower start BMIs as he's not noticed enough difference in weight loss to compensate for the potential negative effects of the 5/5, notably constipation with that long period without veg).

If you do opt for that rhythm, I'd advise you plan some lovely menus to avoid boredom, particularly for the string of repetitive PP days. You can always subsequently switch to a different rhythm, but you'd probably find it hard to switch the other way if you see what I mean.

In any event, today is VEG for you whatever rhythm you decide. ENJOY! (and perhaps get some rhubarb in)

I always did 1pv/1pp from the start of cruise - but if you can stick the 5/5 pattern it may be worth giving it a go as maintainer says!

I think we're going to do the 1PV 1PP rotation. We were thinking about doing that for 3 weeks of the month, and then do a week of PP, would you recommend that?

No. Why would you want a week of PPs?

Ditton Maintainer, follow the diet rules, either do 5/5 or 1/1. I did 1/1 cos that was easiest for me. I have actually found it very easy to stick to, some veg days i nearly forget thats what I am having. I have rhubarb with my porridge and then salad or veg for tea, its rare I have veg at lunchtime.

Don't go back to the full time of PP days as thats nearly attack again. How long did you do attack for, it seems ages since you joined and started.

I have no real problem with the PP days, it's gotten easier since starting and playing around with what flavours you can add where to make things tasty.
I started last Friday, and did 7 days of Attack. Today was my first PV day, and I had a mini minced beef quiche with some salad, which tasted amazing :D

I was just curious if adding the week of PP would help boost the weight loss better, or if sticking to 5/5 or 1/1 would work out better in the long run. Like I say, I don't have an issue doing PP for week long periods. Thanks for the input though, it helps :)

I have no real problem with the PP days, it's gotten easier since starting and playing around with what flavours you can add where to make things tasty.
I started last Friday, and did 7 days of Attack. Today was my first PV day, and I had a mini minced beef quiche with some salad, which tasted amazing :D

I was just curious if adding the week of PP would help boost the weight loss better, or if sticking to 5/5 or 1/1 would work out better in the long run. Like I say, I don't have an issue doing PP for week long periods. Thanks for the input though, it helps :)

I do know where you are coming from, i would cope with just PP days, but the diet is designed with the veg inclusion to give you the health benefits too. You really need to stick to the alternate days regardless of whether its 5/5 or 1/1.

When i binged at christmas and put so much weight back on, over the course of the next two weeks I did more PP days than PV in an attempt to get backto rights, and it didn't change a thing, weight loss was no different. Only do a few PP days if you need a boost cos you are stalling, don't do it regularly.

I'm glad you decided. It's a tough one. Especially that the result seems to be the same (according to the book).

My weekly schedule is roughly the same every week and so did 4 PP days and 3 PV days in a week, alternating but getting 2 pp days on monday and tuesday every week. That was because of my schedule. Find what works for you and stick with it. x

Back