philips hotair fryer

broxi

ButtErFly
Does anyone have one of these? Is it good? and are the chips allowed in Slimming World?

Hiya. I don't have one but I've heat nothing but good about them.

Although technically it's meant to be an 'air fryer' they do say really you need to use a teaspoon of oil for best results. So you would just need to an the oil if you were doing a green day - I'm not sure about red days as I don't do them.

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I got 1 last week & I love it! To be honest I didn't get it for me, I got it for kids to try make healthy chips, homemade chicken nuggets, fish fingers, onion rings etc, it takes 20 minutes & I'm using a tsp of oil between 3 of em so definitely think its serving the purpose I bought it for :) I'm rejoining SW in the new year & ill be using it loads for me too then! - mine was reduced to £90 in currys last week as well :D x

I've had a look online for you and found these pages which may help.
i have the Tefal Actifry and love it, at first I didn't think I use it much but we use it all the time.
you can't beat getting freshly cooked SW chips in 20 minutes.

The Airfryer: The frying machine that gives you perfect chips - without any oil | Mail Online

Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer - Black Fryer. Reviews, Philips HD9220/20 Airfryer - Black Fryer. Ratings at Argos

Looked at prices for you too and this seems to be one of the best.

Buy PHILIPS Airfryer - Black | Free Delivery | Currys

Thanks very much especially Mrs W for finding all those links for me xxx

Had a chip basket at Aldi for £2 it makes SW chips quicker and crispier and brill for the money!
I've been tempted to buy Acifry but think ANOTHER kitchen utensil!! Filling the top and I know if it goes to cupboard it will not get used !

Are the chips free on SW?

if u add oil u would need tosyn the oil. however u could just use frylight for syn free chips. im gona buy one........ just cant decide between the actifry and the airfryer. xxx

I always just spray my chips/wedges/roast potatoes with fry light.

Looking at the difference in the two they do work similar but the Actifry can fit quite abit more in them.
Also when you buy one it comes with a great recipe book of things you can make in it.

Check out my Actifry thread for the meals I've cooked in mine......

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/206324-actifry-recipes.html

i bought one of these breville halo fryers!! They r awful!!! paddle got stuck making chips, halogen lamp went on for 20 seconds then off for 10 mins. an hour later and they were still raw!!! back to currys

Back