Philly Leek Pasta....My Indulgence

I really discovered the idea of using Philadelphia as a pasta sauce through a friend who used his over pork chops. As i dont eat pork chops i amended it slightly and now have this as my naughty treat, even though its not actually that naughty it just feels it!!!

Serves 2 People. 4 Syns Each

1 Pack Baby Mushrooms, halved
2 Leeks, washed and sliced
100g Philadelphia Light w/ Garlic and Herbs (8 syns total, 4 per serving)
1 Stock Cube mixed with 200ml Hot Water
Fry Light
Pasta (I use Penne but any is fine)

Saute mushrooms and leeks in fry light until softened, add stock and boil for a few mins until reduced. stir in Philadelphia and cook for further few mins, mix into cooked pasta and enjoy!!!

Sounds really easy (which is it) but is totally gorgeous aswell! Also works really well with a load of frozen peas and green beans chucked in too :)

Bon Appetite!

This is pretty much how I make my carbonara but instead of leeks I used bacon :) You do known you can use Philadelphia Light as your HEX A? 75g of it! :)

this sounds lovely - might pop to get some philly after work and have this for dinner! Ax

My bf and I make something similar, but we add bacon and chicken. Instead of uSing phili we put in a tub of low low and it then is 1 heA each :) yummm

thanks sugarplum87 hope you like it!!
no skulldilocks i didnt realise that!! thanks for telling me! still getting my head round this SW thing lol
thanks guys :)

Just didnt want you using up your syns when you could be having something else, enjoy :) I'm giong to make this tonight, just wish my OH liked leeks!

You can't use the flavoured Philly light as a hea though. They can only be used as a heb on the green plan.

Oh right, I never buy the flavoured ones only ever extra light, which is more than 75g allowance :) Just add garlic granules and mxied herbs! x

ScarlettStar86 said:
You can't use the flavoured Philly light as a hea though. They can only be used as a heb on the green plan.

My C said otherwise yesterday and was pretty certain you could use chilli philli as HEXA?

My C said otherwise yesterday and was pretty certain you could use chilli philli as HEXA?

ive always been told the flavoured ones you cant use as hexa's as they dont have enough calcium, only a hexb on green for protein. im not longer a group member so cant access the healthy extras list but if you go to group you can log in to the website and check the up to date drop down lists?

I also made a lovely Cajun sauce with Philly, red and green peppers, onions and a splash of water to loosen it and some Cajun spice. only needs a small amount of Cajun spice as very hot but absolutely delish! hoping to make this to top grilled chicken breast aswell, yum!!

ScarlettStar86 said:
ive always been told the flavoured ones you cant use as hexa's as they dont have enough calcium, only a hexb on green for protein. im not longer a group member so cant access the healthy extras list but if you go to group you can log in to the website and check the up to date drop down lists?

I will check this out as this is what I thought! I have chilli philli with my lunch a couple of times a week! Thanks

I also made a lovely Cajun sauce with Philly, red and green peppers, onions and a splash of water to loosen it and some Cajun spice. only needs a small amount of Cajun spice as very hot but absolutely delish! hoping to make this to top grilled chicken breast aswell, yum!!

Recipe please x

for the Cajun Pasta i used half a red and green pepper, half an onion, 1 tsp cajun spice, 75g philly and enough water to loosen the sauce a bit. was lush :) hope you enjoy it too xx

for the Cajun Pasta i used half a red and green pepper, half an onion, 1 tsp cajun spice, 75g philly and enough water to loosen the sauce a bit. was lush :) hope you enjoy it too xx

Thank you x

Just made this philli/leeks/pasta for my tea and its totally lush!!! Didnt have any mushrooms so used a red pointy pepper instead and had this with half a tin of baked beans. Its a lovely filling meal, thanks very much for the recipe xx

Back