Photos in the Mirror

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cmacca, 2 November 2007 Social URL.

1. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    This is bugging me, why when I take a picture of myself in a mirror does it look completely different to what I think I look like ?, really strange, is this the way other people see you ?, if I take a photo of myself not in a mirror it looks awful, but if I stand in front of a mirror and take a photo of me in the mirror it looks better, so now I am confused about mirror images photos and how people see you !, does this make sense ???

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    You are not alone in thinking that , i second that , but you see when the weight comes off the mirror will be your friend

4. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    anyone know ?

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I think it is to do with when you look in the mirror you see yourself in reverse and unless your face is completely symmetrical you will look different, eg, when I look at my husband he looks completely normal (if you know what I mean), however, if I look at a reflection of him in the mirror his chin is slightly wonky - all to do with symmetry. Therefore a camera image of you will be a more accurate likeness to what the rest of the world see's.

Hope this makes sense!

Gx

6. Lovelyjoolz

Lovelyjoolz Loving Life!

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    But remember - the camera also adds ten pounds! So you are slimmer than your phtos suggest anyways :D

Gotta love those photos... :p

7. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Jools , i noticed you have put 103 pounds to still lose , what weight will that take you to ?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.