• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Photos!!!

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
S: 82.55kg C: 80.29kg G: 69.85kg BMI: 24 Loss: 2.3kg(2.75%)
Ok,

So for those of you that know we had a really crappy photo gallery on the old site.

Thankfully this new Gallery has a lot more useful features.

I am going 2 upload 2 photos of the fruit basket I took.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

The photogallery looks like this:
1.jpg

We were able to import all the old photos from the last gallery. Which if you ever tried to use you should be able to find your pictures.

You will see at the top right "Add Photos"

The first two things it will ask you is Category or Album.

We are going to skip Category because Albums are far cooler in this software.
photo 3.PNG

You can see here we have the usual Title for a Gallery and Description. That's not cool, that's just expected :)

Now, What is cool is the ability to control who sees what in the Album.

Everyone does mean everyone but you still need to be registered with 5 posts to view the albums.

Media can be directly linked from the forum and -everyone- will see it regardless of permissions you set here!! Please remember that.

Now here is the really cool part, you can select who can add photos to the Gallery, and again Everyone is available.

photo 4.PNG

I've created my Fruit album with everybody and everybody. This means that other members can upload their fruit photos to my album.

You could also use this in conjunction with the challenge threads. Uploading pictures of pedometers with 10,000 steps, or meals made during the challenge, or a picture during a walk or whatever that challenge might be! This could be a lot of fun!!!!

Ive uploaded my 2 fruit photos.

photo 5.jpg

Damn they are side ways :(

photo 10.jpg

Thankfully there are Tools to help rotate that picture for you!!! How awesome is that!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Whats really awesome is you can make an AVATAR from any picture uploaded to the gallery.

Simply click the button that looks like a little man:

upload_2016-1-2_21-36-58.png

And it will make it your AVATAR.

photo 12.jpg

And voila!

photo 8.jpg

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
To access photos, click on the Menu Tab to the right of "Forums"

upload_2016-1-2_21-41-4.png

This will then show you the "Photos"

Now, I am still trying to change "Media" to Photos where it appears in the templates, and they may change but the process is exactly the same.

Pierce

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Lexie2005 ,

I think this is because the picture was taken in landscape mode. I know that it displays it correctly in the phone. But you still need to manually edit the photo on your phone and rotate it.

I don't think it is using what is called the "ExIF" information. It doesn't use that information in the Thumbnails in the albums yet either. But it does when displaying it as a single item! Confusing eh?

What you could do is upload the picture to a photo album and rotate it there.... and then apply it as an avatar....

Pierce

S: 13st4.0lb C: 13st4.0lb G: 11st4.0lb BMI: 25.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi
Haven't been on here for 5 years.
I work from a tablet. Have just tried to download the app, but it won't load.
I am having difficulty downloading a photo that I took with my tablet. Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks
Jan

Thanks Pierce, but I am unable to upload a photo to my thread. Have just managed it on the photo albums, but I really wanted it on a post I have just written. I don't have an iPad. May be that's the problem. I have a 10" Samsung.

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Ohhhh sorry I read ipad somewhere. I have an android phone. The photo browsing isn't as direct.

When I tap upload file I see this:
Screenshot_2016-02-01-23-10-11.png

Then choose file I get this.

Screenshot_2016-02-01-23-10-17.png

I pick "Files" and it shows a set of folders on the left I pick recent.

Is that similar to what you get?

Thanks Pierce, but that's my problem. I am unable to download a photo from my Samsung tablet to my post

Thanks, but I only get the first bit of that. It 'may' be something to do with my server acting up, but I've tried several ways, to no avail.

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Can you tell me at which point does the path stop?

Can you tap upload file?

Can you get to choose file?

Does it ask you where to select a file from?

I just need a little guidance to see where your being stopped.

Well, I've just had another attempt, and it has come out this time, but is tiny. If you look in "All Other Diets", then my post called " Dr Siegal's Cookie Diet ", you'll see it.

Yes....that was my last attempt, but the picture came out very small, blurred, and cut off at the edges. I used to post photos fine, when I was on here 5 yrs ago....but then I was using the PC instead of my tablet. Weird though, as posting photos using the tablet is usually easier on sites.