Pickled onions?

wirralmum

Hi again all, sorry, another newbie question: does anyone know if pickled onions are allowed (within the 200g veg limit)?

They aren't on the list so no

I've found pickled shallots, which are on the list, but I don't know if they are ok. Pickled gerkins and pickled eggs are ok though, so maybe the shallots are ok.

Watch the carbs in any sort of onion, including shallots. 1 or 2 tiny ones might be ok but I would not risk anymore personally. And make sure that there is no sugar in the pickling liquid.

Thanks all for the advice, I think it is probably best to avoid :)

Oh, shallots are on the list so I have them every day- usually one of two chopped up small, to pep up a salad. Not had pickled as I imagine they would be more difficult to chop!

Hmm, interesting. I've just found the list. It says shallots are allowed and gherkins (which usually come pickled, as far as I am aware?) so that would lead me to think pickled onions would be ok? Might just email S&S to ask them.

It's only because I love pickled onions, and they feel quite 'substantial' even though they're low in calories :)

wirralmum said:
Hmm, interesting. I've just found the list. It says shallots are allowed and gherkins (which usually come pickled, as far as I am aware?) so that would lead me to think pickled onions would be ok? Might just email S&S to ask them.

It's only because I love pickled onions, and they feel quite 'substantial' even though they're low in calories :)

I love them too please report back with their answer. I can taste pickled onions now drool x

i have them :D

And picked cabbage too. Get the haywoods ones cos they are low carb, and count your carbs! If you are under 50g in a day then it should be fine - that's my own personal advice tho ;) i'm a serial diet cheat!!

Elemental said:
i have them :D

And picked cabbage too. Get the haywoods ones cos they are low carb, and count your carbs! If you are under 50g in a day then it should be fine - that's my own personal advice tho ;) i'm a serial diet cheat!!

Ive never tried pickled cabbage but might give it a go

Elemental said:
i hadn't either but LUSHERS!!!!

And they are bother lower carb than the gherkins everyone is eating!! lol

Thats it adding to shopping list 2marro. Hubbys going to think ive gone mad i jus bought pickled sliced gerkins the other day. Us there any u would recommend?

Back