Pickled's food diary

Pickled Tink

Started Sunday 8th July, with bran flakes for a late breakfast followed by fresh fruit.
Dinner was roast beef, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, plus gravy made with beef juices, stock and instant mash.
Supper was fresh fruit.

HeA - milk
HeB - branflakes
Total syns for the day = 15 (wine, the last of...)

Last edited:
Monday 9th
Brekkie was non-existent (I do struggle with this and must try harder to do something about it).
Lunch was scrambled egg with mushrooms on toast, followed by ML yoggit and an apple.
Dinner was Forloren Hare, roast potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Made sauce with instant mash again. Nommy.

HeA - milk again.
HeB - two slices bread
Total syns for the day = 0

Also did over half an hour on the wii...

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th
Brekkie - sad face, nothing again.
Lunch - boiled eggs and soldiers, mange tout (I just love dipping them in me eggz), ML yoggit and an apple.
Dinner - fish pasta with vegetables. Mozzarella cheese on top was 6 syns.
Also made Ferrero Rocher jobbies with ScanBran, 1 syn each - I eated one of these.

HeA - surprise surprise, it was milk. I can't drink tea black and I don't like coffee or fizzy drinks.
HeB - Two slices of bread cut into shoulders
Total syns for the day = 7

Did almost 45 minutes on the wii during the morning. :)

Last edited:
Wednesday 11th (Mother's burfday, must remember to call her)
Brekkie - well no actually...
Lunch - leftover Forloren Hare with two roast potatoes, a big salad, ML yoggit, loads of grapes and two Ferrero jobbies (2 syns).
Dinner - was peanut curry with beef (4.5 syns), courtesy of Pete (bilsat...), rice and a side salad.
Dessert - grapes, ML yoggit and two more Ferrero jobbies (2 syns)

HeA - milk again..
HeB - none :(
Total syns for the day = 8.5

No wii, having a day of rest cos me bits ache.

Last edited:
Thursday 12th July

Brekkie - well, I still can't manage more than a cup of tea :(
Lunch - left over peanut curry, which I shan't syn as I counted them all last night, just couldn't eat it all. Mange tout, baby tomatoes, grapes, ML yoggit and 2 Ferrero jobbies (2 syns)
Dinner - Spag Bol made with quorn and a side salad. Dessert was ML yoggit with 2 Ferrero jobbies, strawberries and grapes. Nom nom...

HeA - milk
Total syns for the day = 4

Walked home from town today, a good brisk walk and it took me 45 mins. No wii...

Last edited:
Friday 13th July (eeeek!)
Brekkie - yay! Well, sort of anyway. At about 10:30 (4 hours after I got up) I eated two slices of toast, 2 eggs and half a tin of baked beanz. I then put away a pear and half a punnet of strawberries. This will prolly mean I don't eat any lunch, but if I manage a yoggit and some fruit that would be good... We shall see :)
Lunch - not really, but I managed a yogurt, an apple and some strawberries during the afternoon.
Dinner was pasta slop, with mozzarella cheese dribbles so 6 syns for this.
I also made a carrot cake and topped it with syn-free lemon curd - total of 2 syns for the piece I eated.

HeA - milk again
HeB - toast at brekkie/brunch
Total syns for the day = 8

No exercise as such, it's been an awful day - both weather wise and my new ears are hurting me so bad :(

Last edited:
Saturday 14th July

Brekkie - feeling rather proud cos I had some, albeit a little. Was a ML yoggit, some strawbs and a banana :)

Lunch - 2 slices toast, mushrooms, 2 eggs and some baked beans followed by a pear :)

Dinner - chicken flied lice..
Dessert - carrot cake (1 syn), fromage frais with sweetener and orange extract. Oh and an apple. Nommarama nomnomnom...

HeA - milk
HeB - bread
Total syns for the day = 1

Last edited:
Sunday 15th July

Brekkie/Brunch - 2 Light Choices Cumberland sossies (2 syns), 2 eggs, baked beans, 2 slices toast and grapefruit.
Dinner - roast chicken, dry roast potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and cabbage - topped with syn free chicken gravy.
Dessert - baked egg custard (1 syn)

Weekend treat - ScanBran cherry bakewell cake (2.5 syns), vanilla ML yoggit. This was sooooooooo lush :)

HeA - milk
HeB - bread
Total syns for the day = 5.5

Ears a little better today even with my glasses on. I've only contracted conjunctivitis so had to take my lenses out. Kinda feel like I'm falling to pieces! lol, anyhow away to bed now to sleep myself better. See you on the morrow :) xxx

Last edited:
Have you done a weigh-in yet?

This made me laugh when you wrote ----------------------both weather wise and my new ears are hurting me so bad :( where did you get them :)

Hi systema... I haven't weighed in yet, that will be tomorrow.

My new ears - well I wear hearing aids in both ears and I just got new ones on 6th July. The left mould doesn't fit my ear, it's too big and it's so painful I feel sick. Doesn't stop me eating though, but it does make me soooooo tired. Hey ho, at least the sun is shining here today :)

Hope all is good where you are :)

Hi systema... I haven't weighed in yet, that will be tomorrow.

My new ears - well I wear hearing aids in both ears and I just got new ones on 6th July. The left mould doesn't fit my ear, it's too big and it's so painful I feel sick. Doesn't stop me eating though, but it does make me soooooo tired. Hey ho, at least the sun is shining here today :)

Hope all is good where you are :)

Can you take them back so they can make them more comfortable for you - feeling tired and sick is not nice is it?

Sun is shining, at last but don't suppose it will be for long.

Good Luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Monday 16th July

Brekkie - didn't manage any, instead I used most of the morning doing housework (yeugh) and sewing!!
Lunch - left over dry roast potatoes, refried with mushrooms, pepper and 2 rashers of bacon, topped with an egg. Nom.. I also had the last egg custard, even if it did cost me a syn :devilangel:
Dinner - Peanut curry bulked with courgettes (3 syns), rice and salad, grapes and a plum.

HeA - milk
Total syns for the day = 4

Weigh in didn't go as well as I hoped, I know from experience I'm a slow loser but I've never had a first week as poor as this. Just 1lb off, but if you look at what a pound of fat actually looks like, that's a lot better that putting it on!! Fingers crossed that next week will give me a bigger loss. I do feel there's less of me though, so that's something to be positive about :)

And on another very positive note, I got a job today :)

Last edited:
Well done on the weight loss and the job - that's great. :clap::clap::clap:

Tuesday 17th July

A funny old day really. Had to go into town early so didn't manage breakfast. I decided to walk home and I got lost trying to find a shortcut so it took 1.5 hours... lol. Just gotta think of how toned my calf muscles will be though!

Brekkie - nope
Lunch - peanut curry (3 syns), mange tout, plums and a ML yoggit
Dinner - sweet n sour (1.5 syns) chicken with rice
Dessert - ML yoggit, bran flakes and two plums

Then my OH took me to the pub to celebrate mah new job, so a glass or two of wine used up the rest of my syns for sure!

Dunno if it was a good day or a bad one, but I enjoyed it :)

And I will ring about my left ear today, cos it's just not fitting. I've swapped for an old one I found in the back of a drawer and it's comfortable at last, even with my glasses on. My eyeballs are much better so today is the last day I will fill them with squirty gunge, and tomoz I shall put my lenses back in.
It's all looking (and sounding) very positive again :)

Soz about the pun, couldn't help it... :$

Wednesday 18th July

Brekkie - ML yoggit and two apples
Lunch - Cheese salad sarnie (made with 3 LC Extra Light triangles - 3 syns), ML yoggit and plums
Dinner - Chilli Con Carne (bulked out with courgettes and carrots), rice, ML yoggit and half a punnet of grapes.

HeA - milk
HeB - bread
Total syns for the day = 3 (although I could've done so many more...lol)

I did ring about my ears, next Thursday so they should at least tune this hearing aid to the mould I'm using for now, plus take a new impression. Goodness knows how the first one went so wrong, it's so obviously nothing like my other left hand moulds - I wonder if it's someone else's ear - eeewwww.
I also took the puppy for a walk. I only meant to go a little way but he seemed to be enjoying it so I finished up walking him to the vet's to get him weighed so I could get his flea/worm prep. I had to carry him half the way home, but he still did remarkably well. We were out for a couple of hours, it was almost to town and back :)

I have had the munchies so bad today, I really wanted to eat something sweet/chocolately which is weird seeing as how I have a savoury tooth.
I hope tomorrow will be easier and I won't feel so tempted...

Glad you are getting your aids sorted.

Sounds like you had a good walk - I was going to walk to town this morning and as soon as I stepped out of the door it started to rain very hard so am waiting for it clear up.

Hope you have stocked up on the loo rolls as well as the ScanBran ;)

I eat more savoury things than sweet things but I always have Cadbury's Highlight Chocolate drinks (2 syns each) and Sugar Free Jelly - 1 and half syns for the packet - for when I want something sweet. The sugar free jelly is great as you can eat the whole thing but usually half of one is plenty and always have jelly and fruit after lunch.

Back