piggiemummy - a little less of me!

piggiemummy

shake shake shake it
Hi all :) Thought I'd start a diary here to chronicle my trials and tribulations ;)

I'm Rebecca, and I'm 27 and live in Bury St Edmunds. I am the proud mum of two gorgeous little guinea pigs, and live with them and my boyfriend in a flat near the town centre.

I've been overweight for the majority of my 20's - at parts it's just been a stone or so overweight, and now I'm pretty much 10 stone overweight (aka obese!). I have a well documented battle with the bulge - I joined WW two years ago and lost 5 stone, but put all the weight back on again when life conspired against me and my willpower went out the window :D

I tend to put too much pressure on myself to be a certain way which is the reason I suffer badly from anxiety and self esteem problems. I'm in the process of getting psychological help for this but I know a lot of it is to do with my weight, among other things. I don't comfort eat or eat large quantities of bad things, but I just have no sense of portion control or how to eat properly, despite doing WW :p

Today my S&S pack came (fortunately the bloke knocked on my window otherwise I wouldn't have heard the buzzer!) and I've just nommed a strawberry milkshake with 500ml of water for afters. I actually really liked the milkshake; I find it quite hard to swallow things (bad gag reflex due to anxiety) but this was a pleasure! I hope the other milkshakes are as nice ;)

I've got to head into town now, not sure how long I'm going to be gone so may take a bar with me - I should imagine I'll be back before 3 so it's just a precautionary thing :)

Thanks for listening xxx

hi piggymummy thanks for the support in my diary :)

this site is great for motivation and support, i find the days i come on here are the days im most successful, and reading through threads can be very motivating when you're craving something bad (happens to me alot lol)

good luck with your weight loss :) xx

Welcome hunny

This site is great and the plans amazing :)

Keep posting it helps Xx

Welcome! Shakes are lovely, I love the chocolate one! Mmmm enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Glad the package finally came! Good luck for your first week!x

Hey all!

I want to tell you good news but I don't have any at the moment :( I had a breakdown the night after I started S&S - work pressure and self esteem problems, ended up in hospital and one massively strong medication. It's left me very dizzy and out of sorts - as a result I have decided to wait until the medication side effects have worn off a bit, then I will make a real big go of it - I really enjoyed feeling in control and lost 5lbs in one night! I'm annoyed that this set back means I have to wait :( xxx

Sorry to hear you have been poorly hunny, take it easy and give yourself time

Keep posting and when your feeling ready support will be at hand xxx

piggiemummy said:
Hey all!

I want to tell you good news but I don't have any at the moment :( I had a breakdown the night after I started S&S - work pressure and self esteem problems, ended up in hospital and one massively strong medication. It's left me very dizzy and out of sorts - as a result I have decided to wait until the medication side effects have worn off a bit, then I will make a real big go of it - I really enjoyed feeling in control and lost 5lbs in one night! I'm annoyed that this set back means I have to wait :( xxx

Take it easy! The diet will still be here when you are feeling better, it's not going anywhere!

Thank you all. Gone to stay with my Mum for a few days as our landlord is doing some work on our bathroom and it's making me very panicky! xxx

Evening all :)

As promised, I hopped back on the S&S bandwagon today. It's really helped to have a few days reading the forums, and even though I wasn't able to participate in it because I was at my Mum's and not at home, it was handy to read about inspirational stories. It puts reality into check about how this diet CAN and WILL work if you put your mind to it.

I also spent some time at my Mum's reading Dr Beck's Diet Solution book. I took it to the cathedral gardens with me this morning and did a bit of reading and planning as per the first day's activities. I still need to do my sticky notes but I've got plenty of time this evening as A isn't back till late.

Apart from that today I've not done a whole heap. The bathroom still isn't sorted, despite being told it would take a couple of days! We have a functioning bath (no shower at the moment) which is a pain in the arse as my actual arse is so big! The suite looks nice though and it's good to have the water back so I can actually wash up - Andrew had left a massive pile of washing up for me - joy! :rolleyes::giveup:

I've fed and played with the piggies this evening - Gilles, for the first time, ate spinach out of my hand! I squealed as much as him I think ;)

---

I took some photos as well. They are not the best, because I'm wearing a sort of baggy dress but for now they will do until tomorrow when Andrew can take some proper ones. I weighed in this morning at 20st 13.8lbs - Terrible. I've obviously been a gluttonaraus these last few days as my "last supper" feelings arose. I need to take my measurements but I'll do that tomorrow too, or perhaps when A gets back.

Here are the disgusting photos....

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
  • weight2.jpg
    weight2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 25
  • weight3.jpg
    weight3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 26
Your going to do grand hun :)

When do you start??

Hope your bathroom is sorted soon Xx

Hey hon, I started yesterday so today is my second day!

Woke up with a headache but that's to be expected. Had a hop on the scales (naughty I know, but I'm a daily weigher) and I'm 20st 8! So 5.8lbs lost already - know it's water weight etc but still good to see.

Haven't got much planned today - will read the second bit of Dr Beck, watch the f1 qualifying and then A is back from work - we've got to clean the guineas out this evening as they're getting a bit smelly ;)

Still annoyed about the bathroom - we've got a bath but no shower and I really need to be clean, I hate feeling dirty! We've got to be careful not to splash the walls as they need to be dry, and I'm always very splashy in the bath.

xxx

I hate having no shower too we've had none for a year Argghgghhg LOL

Have a good day, well done on the loss. I weigh everyday too LOL

Xx

RebekahR said:
I hate having no shower too we've had none for a year Argghgghhg LOL

Have a good day, well done on the loss. I weigh everyday too LOL

Xx

I hated having no bath.. I now have a boiler that can provide enough hot water, just awaiting the new bathroom to go with it!

Hey there, hope all is going well for you. I'm on day2 and loving this diet and the nice flavours plus the luxury of having a protein meal+veg! It's great. Good luck for your first weigh-in x

Back