Pigs trotters!

Murungu

Going to a friends place, she is a fab cook. She is going to cook pigs trotters, a particular favourite of hers as her Mum used to cook them for her, and its a proper, handed down, Chinese family recipe.

question is, do I have to syn the trotters?

Ewwww.

Ive had a look online at the SW syns page and nothing mentioned.

Going to a friends place, she is a fab cook. She is going to cook pigs trotters, a particular favourite of hers as her Mum used to cook them for her, and its a proper, handed down, Chinese family recipe.

question is, do I have to syn the trotters?

Will all depend on how they are cooked-do you have anyone details that may help?

Thanks

They are very fatty aren't they?

Calories In Pork, Pig's Trotters, Cooked, Pork, Pigs Trotters, Cooked, How Many Calories in Pork, Pig's Trotters, Cooked, Pork, Pigs Trotters, Cooked

15 percent fat according to this. Blimey! So I would syn them as per:

Pork, meat & fat, which is 2 syns per 100g raw weight on EE and original and 8.5 on Green.

That's obviously just the meat - it seems likely that any sauce will have oil and sugar in as well so you'll need to bear that in mind.

Thanks for that, that's was really helpful, I'll have to estimate weight after removal of bone, etc.

To be honest it not that much in weight so I should be okay, I reckon about 4 syns, for two trotters.

Thanks again Sally.

Someone in group had them and I seem to remember the syns being a lot higher than 2 per trotter. I think she decided not to have them again when she realised how much fat was in them!

Sounds like you're friend is going to a lot of effort so maybe just have a flexi-syn night and enjoy.

Back