Pilates For Weight Loss?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by CoCo, 3 July 2008 Social URL.

1. CoCo

CoCo Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I am bored rigid of my old workout dvd's, and have been looking at a Pilates dvd, it's called Inch Loss Pilates and has Lucy Knight in it. I don't know a lot about Pilates or who Lucy Knight is, but can Pilates burn fat? :confused:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. EmmaLouise81

EmmaLouise81 Full Member

I think unless you are with a proffesional the tapes would be hard work. Trying to figure out if you are in the correct position etc

A pilates machine like they sell on QVC is good, I have heard people having wonderful results with toning and you can get a cardio board to burn calories.
  4. RachelM

RachelM Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    I think pilates is better for toning but if you combine a pilates workout with regular cardio you should get some pretty good results
  5. lilywhite

lilywhite Member

i dont think pilates is the route to go for weight loss its more core strengthning , personally i wouldnt recomend the dvd as there isnt anyone there to tell you if your doing it wrong , its worth finding a class to start you off if your thinking of embarking down the keep fit route and havent excercised for awhile as it isnt high impact like some classes.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.