Piling on the pounds :(

ammonite

Hi All,

I was doing Slimming world red/green before I got Pregnant and had lost about 10lb in a few months, so slowly slowly.

I was going to try and follow Slimming world extra easy when pregnant and eat all healthily but I'm feeling so sick thats gone out the window and carbs and sugar have been the order of the day. I gained nothing in the first 12 weeks and gained 16lb in the last 8 weeks :(

I am prepared for weight gain, I am happy the weight is going on my chest and bump and if it stays like that I'll be OK, but I'm terrified of putting on more than about 2 stone maximum and I'm on the way to that figure already with 20 weeks to go.

Feeling really miserable about it all (not the pregnancy obviously!) as all my clothes look rubbish, people keep telling me how huge I look and my bump just looks like extra fat at the moment rather than an actual bump :(

I'm not sure I can face trying Extra Easy because I struggle to eat fruit and veg at the best of times due to severe IBS - I do want to try so I can keep weight gain steady but I can't bear feeling any more ill with sickness and acid reflux than I already feel. If I had a salad now it would constantly repeat on me and cause me serious acid problems which is why I always crave carbs.

Not sure what I'm asking really, I think I'm just feeling quite miserable and know its not going to get any better for the forseeable future!

Anyone else felt like this?

Hi ammonite,

I no exactly how u feel. I'm 22w 5d and I'm really struggling with increased hunger lately. I've now got gestational diabetes so I shud be really trying to maintain a healthy diet, but I'm finding it so hard to stick to a balanced diet. I'm really craving junk food and all things naughty.
I've gained 9lbs already but was quite overweight to begin with. I worry everyday bout how much I weigh and the fact I really can't afford to put too much on. It's very difficult stressing when it shud be such a happy time.

I think we shud just feel lucky to be welcoming our babies very soon. Hope u feel better about things. U can only try ur best. Eat wot u can and if it's not the most healthy try and cut down on ur portion sizes. That's wot I'm going to do. As long as the baby is healthy that's all that matter.

Gud luck. Ur not alone.

Leanne. Xx

Thanks Leanne :) Good luck to you too. The baby gets a good breakfast, lunch and dinner from me so in terms of nutrition I'm sure its doing OK, I'm just worried about all the other new meals I've invented in between like elevenses, afternoon tea and supper (sometimes breakfast number 2 as well..).

Because of the other digestive health problems I'm really nervous to add lots of new things into my diet but I think I'm going to have to try slimming world or finding some low calorie alternatives to carby snacks (which aren't fruit or veg).

Well done for only gaining 9lb :)

Believe me ur diet sounds fantastic compared to mine. Think ur doing really well. Don't be too hard on urself. I'm sure the baby will get all the nutrition it needs. Even ur snacks sound like good options.

Do u no wot ur having? Hav u had ur 20 week scan yet?

No having it at 21 weeks but not finding out! Do you know what you are having? I am so excited about the baby! :) Just started feeling it kick! I'm going to head to the supermarket for lower fat snacks and see what I can find! Surely crackers and light philadelphia is better for me than crisps?!

Yes I'm having a boy. I hav just over the last week started to feel him kick. I had to find out. I needed to know. U will hav a fantastic surprise tho if u can hold out.
I'm addicted to crisp. Don't seem to be able to stop eating them. Crackers and Philadelphia is a much better option. Plus extra calcium for baby. X

Pregnancy brings lots of highs and lows, lows being weight related for the majority of us. Its tough, im struggline with it.

Hi, hope your pregnancy is going well and your sailing through. My son is now almost 7 months old. I had him in November. I managed to keep my gain to 21 pounds in total. But I was overweight already. I'm actually struggling more to lose weight since having the baby.
I hope ur ok. Don't be too hard on yourself. Having a bit of what you fancy is a good thing. Moderation is the key. Do you no wot your having? Is this your first pregnancy?
Best of luck. Xx

21lbs is gd, I've already gained 29lbs and I have 8wks left lol.. But I was at target weight when I fell pregnant. I'm having a girly this is #2, how's ur little one doing? Losing weight is tough and I've spent my whole life trying too, just wish chocolate was a diet food and I'd be ok lol. Xx

Hi my son is doing great. He's a really pleasant happy little boy. I'm back to my prepregnancy weight but would like to lose at least two more stone. I'm thinking about a second baby. Wud love a little girl. Wot will the age difference be between your two?
Not too much longer before she will be here. Bet your so excited. X

Back