• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

pineapple help pls!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I have got pineapples coming out of my ears lol! They were 2 for £2 at local fruit shop so I got some then my mum came round last night with 2 as she saw the offer and thought she would pick some up!

4 pineapples - any suggestions? (other than filling with vodka and drinking lol!)

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
How about peeling, cubing and freezing? Like you can do with grapes. Or adding to LF yogurt (vanilla flavour), blending and freezing. Could make a nice "ice cream". I am a greedy grunt when it comes to pineapples, I can eat a whole one in one sitting!

How about peeling, cubing and freezing? Like you can do with grapes. Or adding to LF yogurt (vanilla flavour), blending and freezing. Could make a nice "ice cream". I am a greedy grunt when it comes to pineapples, I can eat a whole one in one sitting!
Surely if you blend the pineapple then you have to syn it?

Ok then, chop into teeny tiny pieces and mix with the yogurt, shouldn't make much difference. Where there's a will there's a way!

Leapfrog

Champion actifryer
A slice grilled on a barbecue is lovely - I know you're supposed to syn fruit if it's cooked, but I don't think a few minutes on the barbecue breaks it down like, say, stewing an apple would. So I never syn pineapple done this way.

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
Del monte sell a pineapple lolly thats just fresh pineapple frozen on a stick and these are well lush and very refreshing so id defo say to freeze them :D

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Del Monte Fruitini 100% Pure Pineapple Fruit Sticks, triple pack, frozen 65g each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original Free
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Del Monte 100% Juice Ice Lollies, Pineapple, triple pack 75ml each[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
3½ Syns on Extra Easy
Original 3½ Syns
Green 3½ Syns
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]looks like you need to pick the right one up for it to be free - good find tho furry stomper
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
I love the idea of frozen pineapples too. Sounds delicious!!

IanH

Silver Member
I go through so many pineapples in the hot weather as I just skin them, cut them into strips and freeze them. Well if DelMonte can charge £2 a box for 3 pieces of frozen pineapple, then I'll do it for 5 minutes work and some freezer bags and typically get at least 8 pieces of pineapple (last one i did was 12 but that was a very large pineapple). A bit messy and takes a little bit of time - but money saving and free and a useful substitute for ice lollys in the summer.

bilsat

Really likes to cook
Cut into rings and place on top of a gammon steak then grill! Mmm...