Pineapple, thought I'd share...

jenxy

I have WI tomorrow, so have just devoured a whole pineapple instead of munchies. Out of curiosity, I thought I would look up the health benefits, I know they are superspeed but didn't really understand why, but from what I have read, they are excellent at breaking down protein, they have tons of vits and minerals, but the one thing that really shocked me, if eaten regularly, they break up the toxins that make the lumpy bumpy cellulite under the skin and can reduce varicose veins by up to 67%... for me personally, that is amazing. I have suffered with these for years, so from now on, I am going to try and eat at least one a week.
The following is the link to the article if you fancy a read. Pineapple Smooths Cellulite - Slimming Benefits... - Wellsphere

Thats amazing! I *love* pineapple but unfortunately I am allergic to it and it makes my mouth tingly and my tongue go fat!

Very interesting, I'll have a read of that later I think, I really should be going to bed.

I love pineapple. There seems to be a bit of a craze in my group at the moment for putting a load of sweetener on pineapple and leaving it to soak overnight. I tried it but couldn't really taste the difference.

As an aside: has anyone ever eaten so much pineapple that it burns your mouth? I always end up doing it and looking like this - :drool:

As an aside: has anyone ever eaten so much pineapple that it burns your mouth? I always end up doing it and looking like this - :drool:

I used to get that, but I can now munch happily through an entire one without it happening. See the calluses on my tongue! LOL

Very interesting, I'll have a read of that later I think, I really should be going to bed.

I love pineapple. There seems to be a bit of a craze in my group at the moment for putting a load of sweetener on pineapple and leaving it to soak overnight. I tried it but couldn't really taste the difference.

Yes, I posted on here about it and apparently it's when it isn't rip.

It happens cause the pineapple, ripe or not, releases an enzyme that breaks down protein. The wee blighter is actually eating you while you eat it! It's why you can't make jelly with fresh pineapple.

even if its ripe if you eat too much it will burn your mouth... ive in the past eaten amazing amounts of pineapple, esp when pregnant lol last two pregnancys there were periods where anything other then pineapple made me sick lol, and then later on to try and bring baby out lol

dont know why i posted i wasnt finished lol

I might have to add pineapple to my grapefruit in the morning

It happens cause the pineapple, ripe or not, releases an enzyme that breaks down protein. The wee blighter is actually eating you while you eat it!

That, is quite possibly, my new favourite fact of all time.

I have a mental image now of a herd of rampaging pineapples roaming the streets and devouring unsuspecting pedestrians. :D

That's why I lost 3lbs a couple of weeks back, I had been on a pineapple fest!
Better cut the one up that I have got and munch it today, ready for WI tomorrow.
I also read somewhere once that pineapple was nature's antibiotic, so lots of reasons to be cheerful about pineapple.

I LOVE pineapple!! Thanks for posting this.
xxx

i love,love,love my pineapple and eat tons!!! even better if it'll help banish my cellulite and nasty veins! bonus!

I love pineapple even more after reading that article!!! Might have to get some on my way to pick up my daughter from school

I am soooooo happy about this :thankyou:. I adore pineapple and would eat it at every meal if I could......But I had a personal trainer for a while who told me it was :airquote: too high in natural sugars and calories blah blah...which made me cut down quite significantly.:cry:
This is a great bit of news and reignites my passion for pineapple hurrah:happy096:

Im picking up one (or two) for the week lol and i love the fact about it eating you while your eating it

I am soooooo happy about this :thankyou:. I adore pineapple and would eat it at every meal if I could......But I had a personal trainer for a while who told me it was :airquote: too high in natural sugars and calories blah blah...which made me cut down quite significantly.:cry:
This is a great bit of news and reignites my passion for pineapple hurrah:happy096:

I heard this too :confused:! After reading the article I think I will make sure that pop one in my basket next time I go to the supermarket... I need all the help I can get to banish the celulite on my body ;)

Back