• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

pitta bread help

Yep, only co-op ones are a HE. Asda ones USED to be but since they changed brands, they no longer are.

ASDA now only have "The Flatbread Co" pitta breads, which are not a healthy extra- if you look up the Flatbread co on Syns online you will see them listed (think they are about 7 syns each).

The ASDA brand pitta breads are still listed on the Slimming World website, but you cannot buy them - as far as I can tell they no longer exist.

Slimming World really should update their website to reflect this.

At least they did update it to show Co-op pittas as a HEXB (this only happened a couple of months ago). As I have several co-ops within walking distance of me this pleased me greatly!

Circes

Strutting her stuff
They are saying on Facebook that no pitta breads can now be used as HEs - apparently consultants have been told so it will be interesting to see if this is passed on at groups

They are saying on Facebook that no pitta breads can now be used as HEs - apparently consultants have been told so it will be interesting to see if this is passed on at groups
Are they saying that Co-op are no longer HEX then? That would be odd, as it was only recently the Slimming World website was updated to include them - would seem strange that the recipe had changed so quickly to make them change it back.

Will be gutted if they arent - a pitta seems somehow to be a lot more bread than just one 57g brown bread roll, or 2 slices of 400g loaf (suppose the 3 slices of WW brown danish is a bit better, but I find it tastes quite bland)

Addibelle

A happy downward spiral
I work for Asda and I can tell you we definately still sell the Asda ones.
They are Asda - Chosen by You brand but still the same. =)

Must admit I havent been looking for the ASDA ones since the co-op ones came along, but I certainly havent seen the own brand ones for months, and all the big displays of ASDA pittas were the flatbread co.

Isnt the "chosen by you" thing quite a new ASDA promotion/marketing brand?

Worried it might all be irrelevant if this facebook chatter is true - where is that information coming from ? (I can't access facebook at work to check myself, and there are so many Slimming World pages on there I might not find the same one Circes is referring to)

Just scanned down the thread in question and someone said they phoned the syns hotline and they said that the coop pittas ARE still a hexB and are concerned about that consultant giving out wrong information. Someone with their knickers in a twist maybe?

Hopefully its just consultant error (they are only human after all)

The co-op wholemeal pittas are still listed as a healthy extra on the slimming world website, and are still available in the shops, thats good enough for me!