Pizza base ??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by nikki1306, 15 May 2009 Social URL.

1. nikki1306

nikki1306 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi
    I like to make pizza,but haven't since being on slimming world and i'm not sure how to syn the base? The cheese will be HEA and the rest is free. This is what i use to make the base,can anyone help me syn it please.

11oz bread flour
    1 tsp yeast
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tbsp sugar
    knob of light margarine
    210 ml water.

Thanks for your help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    you could always make the Smash base pizza for a syn free version (search on recipe bit). Or I make it using 2 slices of wholemeal bread (2 x HEB) with puree as topping (low syns) and loads of veg and then cheese as HEA

x

4. Ossireo

Ossireo Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
  5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    11 oz of flour is 311g- flour is 5 syns per 28g, so I work it out at 55.5 syns just on flour!!!!!!!
    yeast 0.5 syn
    sugar 0.5 syn
    low fat spead 1 syn

...............so total of 57.5 syns, mate!!!!!!!

Perhaps try angies version or a smash (free) base as mentioned above??????

xxxx

6. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    Hi
    The problem you have is the flour. It works out at 5 syns per 28g (per oz), compared to that, the syns in the yeast and sugar (1?) and marg (2 or 3) are negligible!

Your 11 oz comes to 55 syns, so you would guestimate the total pizza at 55-60 syns.

Osserio has posted a link for my pizza recipe - the main difference between my base and yours is the quantity of flour used, my recipe used 50g per person (the dough then stretched a lot!). Obviously I do not know how many your recipe will serve, if it makes enough for 5 or 6 people, then there is no difference.

Hope that helps

7. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Pizza base mixes have been recommended in my group if you don't want to go along the Smash route. I don't know which is the lowest syn on, or how much this makes, but maybe an alternative?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asda Pizza Base Mix, Traditional, 290g pack, made up as directed, dried 100g made up[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Original 14½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 14½ Syns[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

8. nikki1306

nikki1306 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for you help girls. It's really not worth doing with all those syns:eek:. I reckon i will have a go with smash. Thanks xx

9. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I just had a look at the syns for a Napolina pizza base on the slimming world website. I had a box in the cupboard since before starting this plan. I was quite impressed to see that it was only 22 syns for the whole base. If I was making this I would more than likely give over 1/2 to my OH and have the rest myself making it under 11 syns. I know this may sound a lot to some people but I really miss my pizza fixes and this may be an option to overcome it once a month or something. (As long as all the toppings are free of course!!)
    And of course I dont have to stand and actually make the base myself which is always a bonus! :)

10. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Might aswell get a takeaway for that many syns!

11. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Just so you all know - I found a pack of two Tesco pizza base mixes in the back of the cupboard this week (I have gone on strike & refused to shop for any cupboard food until we have eaten some of the hoards we already have), anyway, I thought they would have to be chucked because the syn value would be so high but I synned them up & they work out at 10 syns per base on any plan, they apparently make an 8" base each.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.