Pizza Express Pizzas

Cherry_Pie

Hello!

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Pizza Express Pizzas in the dark blue boxes you buy at the supermarket (the regular 8" ones, not the massive ones OR the specific low-cal ones) are surprisingly reasonable in calories and make a great option when you can't be bothered to cook from scratch in the evening!

Sloppy Guiseppe, La Reine, American and Margherita pizzas all come in between 575 - 605 calories, for the whole thing!

They're a lifesaver for me. You might be able to get away just having half for a serving (but I have the appetite of a bear.) Bundle in some undressed or low-cal dressed green salad, and you're sorted!

I know there's the specific low-cal ones available, but personally I find they're a bit rubbish, and for 200 calories more you can have the proper thing!

AND they happen to be half price (£2) at Sainsbury's right now.

That's good to know for treats! Although I must say I enjoy the pitta/wrap imitation pizzas alot more than I thought I would so Im not missing pizza like I thought.

I didnt know they were that low per pizza! I saw them in tesco today half price and thought nooo they are bad, move on. Darn it!

They sound very tempting!!!

Yup I have these sometimes just a half and sometimes a whole one depending on my mood and what I have to eat with it. I've been eating pizza once a week since CCing

Love these - OH and I often share one with a large salad and sometimes a piece of low cal garlic bread. Proper Saturday treat!

I have ordered two on my Tesco shop. Hopefully they will replace takeaway pizza :)

I stopped eating pizza all together once I started my diet(I dread that word). Every pizza has 2000+ calories! That's more than my entire day of food in one pizza.

I don't think there's any of this pizzas in Australia but I'm not missing pizza at all, if I really feel like one I use lebanese bread and top that like a pizza. The bread it self is 270 calories + toppings, even if you went extreme on toppings it wouldn't be 1000 calories so it's a much healthier type of pizza.

I looked at them the other day when I was shopping, and thought the same. I will defo get one in to have when I am having a can't be bothered day.
I will probably sink the whole one all to myself!!! :D

I've got a pepper & asparagus one for lunch tomorrow - my office have a run to the local Chinese, or get takeaway pizza on Fridays and its pizza tomorrow... so I got a 430cal Pizza Express one to chomp :)

Auburn said:
I've got a pepper & asparagus one for lunch tomorrow - my office have a run to the local Chinese, or get takeaway pizza on Fridays and its pizza tomorrow... so I got a 430cal Pizza Express one to chomp :)

Ooh this sounds yum :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I stopped eating pizza all together once I started my diet(I dread that word). Every pizza has 2000+ calories! That's more than my entire day of food in one pizza.

I don't think there's any of this pizzas in Australia but I'm not missing pizza at all, if I really feel like one I use lebanese bread and top that like a pizza. The bread it self is 270 calories + toppings, even if you went extreme on toppings it wouldn't be 1000 calories so it's a much healthier type of pizza.

Not every pizza has that many calories in it! Think you just need to find better pizzas!!! I make my own with a base that's 100 cals plus toppings, usually comes out about 350 cals

Caroline I definitely agree, if I want pizza I can either make my own or find a relatively low calorie one in the shops. It's all about the base I think - super thin base = low in calorie. I'm not really fussed about the base anyway, it's just a vessel to get the toppings into my mouth ;)

Well I don't really go the supermarkets so I don't see many :p
Every pizza calories I've looked at is 2000+ the thin bases are around the 1500 mark which is a lot better.

I might go the shops and see what they have, might be able to have pizza again haha.

Yeah you'll be much better off with a shop pizza than takeaway

kimlo said:

Where in Australia are you? We are hoping to move back by the end of the year. Most likely Brisbane. How do u find CCing in Oz? What resources do you use ie are there any good CCing books or can u use MFP?

Where in Australia are you? We are hoping to move back by the end of the year. Most likely Brisbane. How do u find CCing in Oz? What resources do you use ie are there any good CCing books or can u use MFP?
Funnily enough Brisbane haha.

CC'ing is definitely a challenge in AUS because besides the big chains pretty much no restaurautns have any calorie information so it's a lot of guessing. I simply stay away from any food which I don't know the calories for.

Anything that's packaged always has nutritional information on the back so that's not a problem.

It's certainly not a problem though, if you don't plan on eating out much then you'll have no problem.

Back