• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Pizza

S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
I make the smash based one and think its great- a real good alternative if you want a free base and use your HEX A for the cheese. It doesn't taste like traditional pizza base, but you get to put all the usual toppings on and get creative- I make mine really thin and huge so it overlaps my plate- yum
x

toofatkat

Not such a fat kat now :)
S: 19st1.5lb C: 13st5lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 5st10.5lb(30.09%)
Im afraid every now and again I just give in as I always make my own dough and theres nothing like it.

Thanks everyone.

I've had a look at the smash recipe and soe comments about it on here and I think it'll definitely be worth a try. If all else fails I'll make them on half a pitta and count the pitta syns.

S: 14st7lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st6lb Loss: 0st4lb(1.97%)
i sometimes just used brown bread HEB and put puree, toppings and cheese on it. much better than the potato base in my opinion!! x

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
I use a wholemeal tortilla as a pizza base (there's a thread on this in the recipe sub-forum). It works really well and I think better than messing around with smash.

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
Smash base for me every time!! I dont even like smash! But as a pizza its gorgeous!

metrognome

is getting better at it
S: 17st10lb C: 15st3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 41.6 Loss: 2st7lb(14.11%)
can this be made then left to go cold and eaten the next day for lunch or will it be nasty
thanks

Mrs V

Loves Life!
If you dont put the filling on it (well the tomato base), I would have thought you would be fine, otherwise it goes soggy if left for to long.

S: 12st9.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st11.5lb(6.48%)
OMG i'm new to this place today and i'm so suprised at your pizza bases.....never in a million years would i have thought about using SMASH!!!
I'm open to new ideas so this is a must try!!!

Although...*coughs* today is my last day and i'm having a naughty real pizza.....lol

metrognome

is getting better at it
S: 17st10lb C: 15st3lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 41.6 Loss: 2st7lb(14.11%)
thanks mrs v, i would only put a very small amount of tomato base on it as i dont really like anything to tomatoey if that makes sense i supose the only thing to do is try it and if it dont work out i can mash it all together and have bubble and squeak lol

snugglepuss
go up and have a look in the recipe section there are hundreds of recipes some traditional and some abit bizzar but really really good

Mrs V

Loves Life!
The tomato topping that I prefer, is mixing passta with crushed garlic and herbs and warming it through before putting it on top of the pizza base.
I then add chopped onion, sweetcorn, peppers, mushrooms, ham (if on ee day) and olives (syns), before my allowance of cheese and sticking it back in the oven....delicious!
Another one I love is a baked bean pizza - using baked beans for the tomato topping replacement and then adding all the other bits...thats really nice too!

MissNix

Gold Member
S: 13st0lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 25.8 Loss: 1st13lb(14.84%)
I do quite like making the pitta bread ones, and luckily my other half will eat those too, but the majority of the time I'll just have a flexible sins day and have the pizza I reaaaaaally want (maybe once a month or so) - current favourite is the bbq chicken one from aldi if shop bought :D

S: 12st9.5lb C: 11st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.4 Loss: 0st11.5lb(6.48%)
snugglepuss
go up and have a look in the recipe section there are hundreds of recipes some traditional and some abit bizzar but really really good
Thank you Kaz i certainly will!! :D