Places to eat out

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by pink_kelly, 25 September 2010 Social URL.

1. pink_kelly

pink_kelly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    I miss going out for meals - it's what my boyfriend and I really enjoy doing socially, but it's so hard to find places to go when you are on a diet. Has anyone found anywhere that's "xenical" friendly? It's be good if restaurants/pubs listed calories and fat on the menu.

In my student days I used to work for Wetherspoons and I know they tried to offer healthier food too, so I just went on the website and I found this though that might be useful...

Food Facts

Here's the menu too -
    http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/static/pdfs/admin-generated/food/menus/main-menu-2.pdf

Things like the Spag bol, sweet chilli noodles and the 5 bean chilli are okay i think.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wants to Be Slim

Wants to Be Slim Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.66%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    OMG how scary are some of those meals!! The large breakfast with mushrooms is shocking 1548 cals and 97.5 g fat!!! I wouldnt have that if i was you! lol

Could only find the Spag Bol and 5 bean chilli. I'd go for one of those.

4. newcomer

newcomer Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tend to have a steak, jacket potato and salad... as then I know exactly what I am eating, nothing has been added while cooking it,,, and its really filling too

5. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    i just dont eat out now....and take aways are a big no no!
    i find the easiest thing is not to put myself in that situation..

im going to watch harry potter at the cinema in november,im going to smuggle in a sarnie or a yoghurt! ;)

6. Maynie

Maynie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.31%)
    Diet:
    MFP/South Beach
    I'm not on xenical, but I eat out a lot with DH and have done the whole time I've been losing weight. I think most places have at least one choice which is ok - my default is mozzarella salad as virtually everywhere offers that. South Beach is unusually well adapted to eating out, but I think most diets can fit around restaurants! I wouldn't stop eating out, you need to keep doing things you enjoy. (I have popcorn at the cinema too :D)

7. Wants to Be Slim

Wants to Be Slim Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.66%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Take away arent too bad, if you choose correctly. DH likes to get a pizza every now and then. so i have a chicken Shish kebab. Only about 300 cals. I have no salad dressing on and i normally do a few oven chips whilst i wait. Its all within the Xenical limits.
    Trying Chinese next weekend. Its my 30th birthday on Tuesday, so i'm having a day off then and we're having a little get together at the weekend where i will continue taking tablets. We'll be ordering chinese so will chose carefully.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.