Plain old water !!??

kerry2008

Got up this morning and decided against my usual cup of tea and have opted for a glass of water instead . Going to try drinking nothing but water for the next week !!!!! eeek .... not sure how its going to go !! x

I once read that water is the magic potion for weightloss... I look forward to your report at the end of the week :)

weight.png

I do believe water is the key, when I've completed any VLCD the more water I drank the more weight I lost... I must say water flavourings really did help and add some variety by having fizzy water too!

The moment I wake up I drink 3 glasses of 8-10oz of water and won't be hungry till 12. I don't know how it is for others but this has been my experience.

so how did u get one?? i am planning to do my 8 glasses per day (250mls per glass) but need a flavour in it also include 3 coffees and 2 green teas on top x

I have to force myself to drink. I love my coffee in the mornings, but sometimes, come the afternoon I realise I haven't had anything else to drink. I know I should drink more. I'll make that my aim this week.

This actually sounds really good. I know when I get rid of alcohol I drop pounds, so I bet removing the coffee and the tea would help as well. Though I love my tea. Maybe switching honey out for the regular sugar?

Hope your water intake went well :) Its the only thing I drink now, I used to drink coke only but ditched that in January. Was hard at first but now I'm used to it.

i'm going to assume it didn't go too well considering the lack of replies lol i drink way too much tea, i stopped drinking tea for a day and just put the sugar i wouldve had into a pot, at the end of the day i had 208g of sugar!

Blimey that calculator thing says I should be 16 250ml glasses of water a day... 16! I would be weeing like a racehorse!

Hi how do I try the calculator???

@Lightheart click on this link Hydration calculator | WaterAid :)

@ Serenity Thats what I thought!! My weight isnt even on it, but I have been drinking much more and am peeing more, but not excessively. Someone once told me that only clear pee thorugh the day is an indicator that you are adequately hydrated & I should have listened.

I started following Slimming World yesterday and I intend to drink at least 2 litres of water per day as I feel that is one of the reasons my weight loss attempts in the past have failed.

I always find water a bit boring to be honest, but if I force myself, I can really get into drinking it.. I have bought a bottle of lemon barley cordial to pep it up a bit when at home!! Its very hot here at the mo, so drinking water is essential, which kind of forces me to drink it too!
I have to get out of the habit of ordering a fizzy orange or lemon when in a bar and instead ask for a water, be it still or sparkling! I have good intentions, but my voice doesnt always listen to my conscience when ordering drinks at cafe bars during the day!

According to that calculator link.. I should be drinking 18-22 glasses of water a day, depending on my exercise.
Well I am going to try my best starting from tomorrow, least going up and down the stairs all the time will definately help, lol

I drink 2l of water per day starting of yesterday im weaning myself of diet pepsi cause im addicted lol im not a tea or coffee drinker at all so diet pepsi is my normal everyday drink and i would say i was drinking maybe half a bottle of the big ones a day and i just cant go on like that it cannot be healthy. So im keeping my 2l bottle with me every wear i go and when i finish that i get to have a small glass of fizz if i think i need it. Fingers crossed it helps with my wl.

Back