Planned days off (cheat days!)

DiamondDoll

Hi guys and gals, what are your thoughts on this? I have 3 events (big family ones) before end of dec (target) and just wanted to plan way ahead on whether I will come off for the meal (not full day!) or miss the events :( I'm not one to sit there watching ppl eat and have 50 questioned fired at me especially since noon one except my mum and partner know I'm doing this xx

I dont see important pre planned days off as 'cheat days' for one thing. Cheating implies something I shouldnt be doing, a planned day off is a concious decison Ive made for an event :)

Youll get varying answers on this, its a hard one. Some people can have a day off and have absolutely no problem in going back on the diet, for others it can be the beginning of the end of a VLCD. If you definitely have decided to have a day off, get it sorted in your head that its ONE DAY and no more. Get yourself out of ketosis first, go and enjoy your day and get back on the wagon the very next day

Thanks that's really helpful :) I think looking forward to a planned day off will push me through the tougher times. We shall see :)

I have had two planned days off - 3 course meal +++! On the second one I ate (but mainly drank!) 4000 calories - and was sick - true what they say about ketosis and alcohol. I got back on to SS the day after and at the next Weigh in had lost 2lbs both weeks. I think a planned night off is fine. In fact I felt fab the day after (probably the carbs!). I just stepped up the exercise a little. Like Starlight - I don't see a planned night off as cheating. I have avoided social occasions where food is involved where I can but these two occasions I felt were unavoidable.

yeah they are big family birthdays, prob wont drink alcohol after what you said thiugh lol hate being sick :( but will definatly be eating and as i am a vegetarian high protein options arent really great so caebs will be hard to avoid so i will go ahead and enjoy some! thanks for advice xx

it can be the beginning of the end of a VLCD..... this happens alot , but Dec is along way so maybe see how you go few weeks before as who knows what your weight loss will be and how your mind will be . Happy Days

It's tough. I planned to have the weekend off this week coming as we are taking the kids to Peppa Pig World and the hotel package is all inclusive.. I was then also gonna take my Birthday meal as a planned day off and the same again for a hen night in November.. But I have now decided it is unnecessary for me to take the first to events as planned days off and have decided to stick to plan.. I am unsure what I will do regarding the hen night. I think it makes it easier that most people know what diet I am doing though.

Trisha83 said:
It's tough. I planned to have the weekend off this week coming as we are taking the kids to Peppa Pig World and the hotel package is all inclusive.. I was then also gonna take my Birthday meal as a planned day off and the same again for a hen night in November.. But I have now decided it is unnecessary for me to take the first to events as planned days off and have decided to stick to plan.. I am unsure what I will do regarding the hen night. I think it makes it easier that most people know what diet I am doing though.

I too have decided one of my days off (15th sept) can be avoided and I'm sticking to plan :) I'm just starting to feel good and don't want to stop n start again just yet! Thank you all for advice xxx

I've been umming and arrrging on this too. I have a family christening in Devon next Saturday with all the family coming together for the weekend away. But I've decided to stay on plan too and just explain I'm on a diet (won't go into detail about CD) and that I'm determined to lose the baby weight before Christmas - sod what they think!

But I am taking a planned day off on Sept 14th as it's my 5th wedding anniversary and we're going for a meal. My husband has been really supportive so this is almost a thank you to him as he's putting up with me on the diet! It's a posh french restaurant so I'm assuming portion sizes will be tiny, and i'll try and avoid the carbs and only have starter and main course (must be better than dessert) and one glass of champagne. I know it's only ONE day and then I'm straight back on it with nothing in the diary for at least 6 weeks.

I think it depends on your mind set, I have taken 2 planned long weekends off (pre booked camping holidays) and lost 1lb the first one and stayed the same the second one. Went straight back onto plan the day after I got home. I have also just got back from a week in Wales with family and had no intention of sticking to any sort of plan while away, ate what I wanted 6and enjoyed it too ;o) I got on scales morning after I got home and had put on 4lb BUT went straight back on plan and in 6 days I have lost 10lb according to my scales. My CDC is on holiday at the moment so I don't officially get weighed until next Tuesday but it's looking good!
If you have the mindset to get straight back on plan then you should be fine

I have a stag do weekend on the 14th,15th, 16th and I will have to take the 3 days "off" I am hoping to minimise the damage as much as possible but for that week im forcasting a slight gain I am already way way way ahead of my predictions so im not terribly bothered.

The other break for me is in the shape of my wedding and then honeymoon, for the honeymoon ill probably have 2-3 packs a day and then a normal meal on top

Back