Extra Easy Plannin to try for a baby in 6/12,cant imagine its much fun bein preg & overweight!

BeksPatel

Helllooooo you lovely folks! i thought I didn't have that much to loose, but then cracked some numbers n I'm totally gutted!!! I'm 5ft 4 n weight 12 st 7lb, just worked out my BMI n I've crept into obese... BMI of 30... Holy moly!? .... It's fineeeeeee (quietly sob) I've done SW before, n found it easy to stick to, but struggled to spend the syns sensibly.. Yeah sure a glass of wine... Nice ... But then who cares what u eat the... Give me everything!!!!! Ahem... So no wine... We have a solid goal, n this time it won't just be for me!
Any thoughts on wether having all ya syns matter? Is it worth loosing the weight before a baby since ill be ballooning anyway lol... So sexy!!!!
Bring on the madness ay folks!!!!
Beks x

Hiya I'm in the same boat! (Although got more to lose than you!) I'm joining on tues my local group but also trying for a baby, I'm hoping if and when it happens I can use sw for damage limitation otherwise I know I would just use the "eating for two" excuse when eating rubbish!! X

Beks, talking from personal experience, if I had my time again I would make more of an effort to eat healthier/lose weight before getting pregnant. I was similar to yourself before falling pregnant, had about 2 stone to lose but thought I was "ok". When I fell pregnant I tried to eat healthy but wasn't massively worried about it. I thought my health was ok even tho my bmi was just on 30 and I would deal with any weight I put on after baby arrived.

I'm now 31 weeks gone. I had to do a diabetes test at 28 weeks cos my bmi puts me at risk of it and I had sugar in my samples which is another symptom of diabetes. When I heard this I felt sick knowing that my weight and more importantly poor eating habits could be harming my baby. Since then I've been following sw and haven't looked back. I'm not bothered about my weight right now, I'm just making sure I am eating healthly for baby and I. SW really is a way of life, you can keep it up during and after pregnancy.

Well hellooooo again guys!!! How are we doin??? Well I'm sticking to it really really well, n u know I'm surprising myself at how easy it is n how motivated I am... I guess it's different this time.. I'm not loosing wt n gaining best health just for me anymore.. The thought of lending my body to a baby has come very easily n I'm totally up for it!!! It's even my TOTM at the moment n I'm not craving anything.. No choc n no wine.. !? What's happened lol!!! Done 2 good walks this week n did water aerobics this morning ( which by the way killed me!?) let do it together guys!!! Baby proof our bodies!!! As for you honey, I take my hat off to u... ? A diabetes test.. Thinking of u, Fingers croissed its negative otherwise you're baby will grow large .. Well done for starting SW again ... It's not about us anymore ladies.. It's for our future kiddies ay!!! ( I sound so old lol) how are you finding it this week????

I've lost almost 2 stone so far, with one more stone to go and then I'll be trying for a baby, hopefully around May time. I'd rather be 3 stones lighter going into my pregnancy, then have not lost anything and probably have gained even more the way I was eating. That's how I look at it

High five Dougal... Wow that's amazing.. Well done!!! Have u literally just done slimming world?? N how long for?? 3 stone will be a massive loss!!! Wow!!! U doin excersise too?? I'm walking n doin swimming... Think if I get stamina up in these low intensity excersises I hope to continue them through pregnancy?! Yay.. We are looking at the same sorta time frame... It's my 30th the beginning of June n my hubby is taking me abroad some where.. Snorkelling I'm hoping .. Ek I'm on the pill n gonna come off it the middle of may n hope while we are away, sun, sea n kiss chase might be successful.. But we shall c!!! I'm thinking of starting to take folic acid the middle of feb.. Drs say we should start taking it 3 months before we start trying.. This suprised me... But I'm motivated... Gonna slim right down n so far I'm determined to stick to SW throughout pregnancy.. But who knows what ill be like then.. That's when the fun begins lol

Hi ladies, I started TTC in January last year and no joy yet sadly, not sure of the cause yet, if there is even a cause. I stopped being excited about it all way back, TTC is just a depressing mess now. :/ So nice to see some enthusiasm - hoping it'll rub off on me lol! Started SW in April when I realised that I'd probably not be able to get pregnant being as fat as I was and have so far lost 4st 2.5lbs. I'm 35 this year so I don't have the luxury of time to spend ages losing weight and taking the scenic route so I'm pretty focused.

We're now being referred for fertility investigations and treatment and I need to lose another 4st 4.5lbs minimum to get treated. So this is the long haul!

I hope TTC is quick and painless for you guys! xxx

Hi ya Missy.. Oh sweetheart... I can totally appreciate that trying for a baby is not potentially a quick thing!! Just remember, u have done amazingly so far.. U have lost over 4 stone already... Well done!!!! Wow!!! TTC can be a nightmare... I have a good friend whom has struggled for about 6 years.. She had her 3rd bout of IVF n is now pregnant, I have watched her over the years I must say she is the strongest, most patient person I know.. We are nurses n i work in HDU within children's nursing, so we look after other people's sick children day in n day out, n my friend holds her head high n keeps goin!!! She is a legend!!! Stick with it honey... Another very sad story to tell you.. My sister fell pregnant about sept time last yr, she is one yr younger than me, n this preg was the first for our family, at the same time my mum was diagnosed with cancer, a very stressful time. But exciting time for everyone, my mum is fixed n now cancer free (yay) but my sister after 8 week miscarried under all the strain... She now finds TTC a real problem, she doesn't enjoy it n only try's when she knows the time is right in the month... I wish I could take away the miscarriage as this has taken her innocence away n she is devastated!!!
We need to remember that pregnancy is a REAL miracle... It's a baby??? Wow!? Don't take it for granted and make our body the best it can be pre pregnancy n throughout to ensure we have done our best to give our baby the best start in life!!! GIRL POWER!!!! We need to stick at it n be brave... Come on girls... We can do this!!!!!!! ?

High five Dougal... Wow that's amazing.. Well done!!! Have u literally just done slimming world?? N how long for?? 3 stone will be a massive loss!!! Wow!!! U doin excersise too?? I'm walking n doin swimming... Think if I get stamina up in these low intensity excersises I hope to continue them through pregnancy?! Yay.. We are looking at the same sorta time frame... It's my 30th the beginning of June n my hubby is taking me abroad some where.. Snorkelling I'm hoping .. Ek I'm on the pill n gonna come off it the middle of may n hope while we are away, sun, sea n kiss chase might be successful.. But we shall c!!! I'm thinking of starting to take folic acid the middle of feb.. Drs say we should start taking it 3 months before we start trying.. This suprised me... But I'm motivated... Gonna slim right down n so far I'm determined to stick to SW throughout pregnancy.. But who knows what ill be like then.. That's when the fun begins lol
I've been doing SW since August, and yes we have 2 dogs so we walk them every day and yesterday went for a 6.2 mile walk yesterday, plus we go running and I fit in swimming when I can too!! Yeh I'm going to start taking folic acid next month :)

Hi! I'm the same, wanting 3stone off and maintain weight for a bit before ttc! Figure it'll be better than piling an extra 3stone on top of wgat I am now! Good luck x

Hi ya Missy.. Oh sweetheart... I can totally appreciate that trying for a baby is not potentially a quick thing!! Just remember, u have done amazingly so far.. U have lost over 4 stone already... Well done!!!! Wow!!! TTC can be a nightmare... I have a good friend whom has struggled for about 6 years.. She had her 3rd bout of IVF n is now pregnant, I have watched her over the years I must say she is the strongest, most patient person I know.. We are nurses n i work in HDU within children's nursing, so we look after other people's sick children day in n day out, n my friend holds her head high n keeps goin!!! She is a legend!!! Stick with it honey... Another very sad story to tell you.. My sister fell pregnant about sept time last yr, she is one yr younger than me, n this preg was the first for our family, at the same time my mum was diagnosed with cancer, a very stressful time. But exciting time for everyone, my mum is fixed n now cancer free (yay) but my sister after 8 week miscarried under all the strain... She now finds TTC a real problem, she doesn't enjoy it n only try's when she knows the time is right in the month... I wish I could take away the miscarriage as this has taken her innocence away n she is devastated!!!
We need to remember that pregnancy is a REAL miracle... It's a baby??? Wow!? Don't take it for granted and make our body the best it can be pre pregnancy n throughout to ensure we have done our best to give our baby the best start in life!!! GIRL POWER!!!! We need to stick at it n be brave... Come on girls... We can do this!!!!!!! ?

Ah bless you x It does bug me when people don't appreciate what a gift a baby is - I would give anything to be pregnant right now! It's so difficult for so many people yet so easy for some and the unfairness upsets me so much :/

In good news though I got my appointment today for the fertility clinic and I'm nervous but a bit excited! I hope there's nothing badly wrong (we know that it's most likely me that's the problem and not husband) and that if there is something wrong then it can be fixed!

And I hope TTC treats you kindly - it's all about getting into as good shape as we can beforehand so I totally agree with you all there! In my case the weight loss is enforced because of where I need to be to get treated but I honestly think that losing weight is the best thing I could do, not only for my health generally but to improve my chances of conceiving xxx

I've been doing SW since August, and yes we have 2 dogs so we walk them every day and yesterday went for a 6.2 mile walk yesterday, plus we go running and I fit in swimming when I can too!! Yeh I'm going to start taking folic acid next month :)

Yikes babe... That is so impressive!!! I have dog sat my parents greyhounds before now n loved that I had to walk them every day... It pushes u to get out n walk!!! I really enjoyed the fresh air!! I've personally never wanted my own pets, but isn't it daft that I stopped the daily walks without them?!?! ... Come on me n get out there lol

Hi! I'm the same, wanting 3stone off and maintain weight for a bit before ttc! Figure it'll be better than piling an extra 3stone on top of wgat I am now! Good luck x

Awww what a fab attitude!!! It's scary isn't it to think we are over weight already n that potentially it could just creep up n up n then we have to squeeze a baby out when we r so overweight that we can't even see our own toes!? Well done honey... How much have you lost so far??? Looking forward to hearing your progress!!! Good luck back at ya welch chick!!!

Ah bless you x It does bug me when people don't appreciate what a gift a baby is - I would give anything to be pregnant right now! It's so difficult for so many people yet so easy for some and the unfairness upsets me so much :/

In good news though I got my appointment today for the fertility clinic and I'm nervous but a bit excited! I hope there's nothing badly wrong (we know that it's most likely me that's the problem and not husband) and that if there is something wrong then it can be fixed!

And I hope TTC treats you kindly - it's all about getting into as good shape as we can beforehand so I totally agree with you all there! In my case the weight loss is enforced because of where I need to be to get treated but I honestly think that losing weight is the best thing I could do, not only for my health generally but to improve my chances of conceiving xxx

Yay ohhhhhh how exciting missy!!! When is you're appointment??? Aww it's all baby steps ( no pun intended ?) to get the answers you need!!! Stay positive honey!! Another MASSIVE aspect I have observed from all my girlfriends ( n as a nurse u work with loads of woman of a certain age, getting married n then having kids) DON'T get stressed... Don't make trying for a baby take over you're life!!!!! I can say this with complete ignorance as I haven't tried yet n can only imagine how potentially stressful it may become.. I see my sister post miscarriage n the stress of trying to get pregnant again is way over her head.. N it won't work! Of course the longer it doesn't happen the more stressed she becomes n so on!! Relaxxxxxx ? have a few glasses of wine n get silly n giggly with the other half n have silly random sex, play time again!!! ?

So girlies... How are the diets goin?? We doin well or not so much... I'm smashing it this week.. Yahoooooo having a good time with it too!! Swimming tomoz n then I've got a meal out for my sister in laws bday tomoz night... It's all good.. I think I have it under control?! We are goin for an Indian meal.. Anyone no much about syn values .... Helpppppppp? a veg jalfase is meant to be just 7.5 .. Might have a prawn one n some boiled rice!!!! It's bring your own wine.. I simply won't bring any!? Sorted!!!!!! Looking forward to not cooking though girlies.. My goodness I feel like I'm alway cooking ... AM I RIGHT???. LOL ? WILL BE NICE TO BE COOKED FOR!

I had my son 6 months ago. It was an unplanned pregnancy but a very happy surprise. I had lost 3 stone when I conceived and then lost another stone by continuing SW throughout the pregnancy.

I didn't continue with SW in order to lose weight, just to make sure the baby had a healthy start. I really struggled with the weight and bulk of the bump, especially as the later stages of my pregnancy were in the summer! So I dread to think how I'd have coped had I not lost the weight first.

Thankfully, my baby was born completely healthy at a good weight and continues to be so. I have no doubt that SW had a part in that so I think you're all doing the right think in losing the weight first.

To those of you trying to conceive, keep positive - I'm sure it will happen in time. And until then, have fun trying and make the most of your sleep!

hi can i join you i'm ttc for my 3rd baby but its just not happening been ttc 10 months this time (my dd i was slim got pg first time my ds i was at my heaviest and it took 5 years) i'm thinking weight is probably stoping it with me having pcos thinking about having a break from ttc and contrating on losing weight because when i'm ttc i'm never good on my diet in 2ww.
be nice to all do it together weather its a thread on here or on the ttc board.

I had my son 6 months ago. It was an unplanned pregnancy but a very happy surprise. I had lost 3 stone when I conceived and then lost another stone by continuing SW throughout the pregnancy.

I didn't continue with SW in order to lose weight, just to make sure the baby had a healthy start. I really struggled with the weight and bulk of the bump, especially as the later stages of my pregnancy were in the summer! So I dread to think how I'd have coped had I not lost the weight first.

Thankfully, my baby was born completely healthy at a good weight and continues to be so. I have no doubt that SW had a part in that so I think you're all doing the right think in losing the weight first.

To those of you trying to conceive, keep positive - I'm sure it will happen in time. And until then, have fun trying and make the most of your sleep!

Awww ya know babe the thought of having the baby bulk on top of FAT makes me not fancy carrying a baby.... Yikes... It must be so uncomfortable!!!! Massive congrats on the birth of you're healthy baby! How fantastic! N carry on with SW, it really is sustainable ... So easy to follow!!!

I am totally making the mos t of my sleep.. I loveeee my sleep, I actually wonder how will I actually cope without it, but I guess u learn too... Sob!

hi can i join you i'm ttc for my 3rd baby but its just not happening been ttc 10 months this time (my dd i was slim got pg first time my ds i was at my heaviest and it took 5 years) i'm thinking weight is probably stoping it with me having pcos thinking about having a break from ttc and contrating on losing weight because when i'm ttc i'm never good on my diet in 2ww.
be nice to all do it together weather its a thread on here or on the ttc board.

HELLO! Lol awww I like the sound of taking a break from TTC, enjoy relaxed time together n get some weight off! Then u can go full swing at it again when you're ready! What diet r u gonna do?
I didn't know there is a TTC board... Where is that? Don't need it just yet... Just get this weight off now n start TTC in the stunner! I want my beach body for our last holiday just is too in June... Yay!

Oh girlssss I've struggled so badly today..... I made it through though.. I must say I am very proud of myself... I needed a chocolate fix mid afternoon, I haven't had that for ages, then it is my sister in laws birthday today so we went out for an Indian meal... N I was sooooooooo good! No wine, no popadom... Which I loveeeee. I literally had a prawn jalfasi and boiled rice... Yum.. Which I reckon will be 8 syns, I had no birthday cake... I was fab! In bed now thinking 'high five'! How are you all doin? Are we sticking to it? How are our weight losses goin? ... Go on make me jealous n tell me what treats you've had? Dribble dribble

WI tonight for me, hubby had his first WI this morning and he's lost 5lbs :D hoping for something similar!! No treats for me until after WI :)

Back