Planning Ahead...

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
Do you sit down at the beginning of every week and plan out your meals?
I do this every week and tonight it took me just under 3 hours of scouring my low fat cookery books to come up with some yummy and healthy new recipes, I am so bored of the usual Salad, Jacket Potato, Soup, I know by the end of the week I will be tearing my hair out if I stuck to those all the time.

So on this weeks dinner menu are:

garlic chicken cassoulet
beef stew
cranberry turkey burgers
turkey stir fry
risotto verde
spag bol
chilli con carne

I am looking forward to eating this week! how many people can say that when dieting? :)

Sounds yummy

I do a fortnights menu at a time. Then I only buy the food that goes into my recipes . It's actually saved me s fortune and barely anything is wasted. The reason I plan for two weeks is that it's easier to then use something else that may be left over in another meal later on so that also let's you save money ( if you're so inclined of course)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yes i usually plan what im going to have for the week but some of the time it can change . depending lol. the turkey burgers sound lovely. do you make them yourself ? would love the reciepe? x

I plan weekly too- and it gets a bit monotonous as I don't eat red meat anymore and I hate turkey and fish can be quiet expensive

yes i usually plan what im going to have for the week but some of the time it can change . depending lol. the turkey burgers sound lovely. do you make them yourself ? would love the reciepe? x

Will copy the recipe out for you hun, just need to find it...lol.

Cranberry Turkey Burgers Recipe for Kayee

Serves 4

350g of Lean ~Turkey Mince
1 onion chopped finely
1tbsp fresh Sage
6tbsp Dry breadcrumbs
4 tbsp cranberry sauce
1 egg white, medium, ightly beaten.
2 tbsp sunflower oil
salt and pepper.

To serve
4 toasted granary or wholemeal buns
1/2 lettuce shredded
4 tomatoes sliced
4 tsp cranberry sauce

1. Mix together turkey, onion, sage, seasoning, breadcrumbs and cranberry sauce then bind with egg white.

2. Press into 4 x 10cm rounds about 2cm thick, chill in fridge for 30 min.

3. Line a grill with baking parchement, place burgers on top and lightly brush with the oil. Put under a pre-heated moderate grill and cook for 10 min, turn burgers over and brush again with oil cook for a further 12 - 15 min until cooked through.

4. Fill the burger buns with lettuce, tomato and the burger, then top with cranberry sauce.

Calories - 209
Protein - 27g
Carb - 21g
Sugars - 15g
Fat - 5g
Saturates - 1g

oooooo thank you so much for the recipe hun! i think im going to get the ingrediants tommorrow and cook some up . sounds bloody lush xx

Back