Planning on having alcohol this weekend...

ellewoods

So I'll be having a drink this weekend and I know that means I need to come out of ketosis. I'd like to hear peoples experience of doing this as I'm a bit worried incase I don't actually manage to come out of ketosis and do some damage to myself! I have no ketosis symptoms so how will I know I'm safe to drink? I remember reading that a sandwich is enough carbohydrate to bring you out - is this true? I also don't want to go mental with the carbs as I'll be straight back to the diet the next day.

ellewoods said:
So I'll be having a drink this weekend and I know that means I need to come out of ketosis. I'd like to hear peoples experience of doing this as I'm a bit worried incase I don't actually manage to come out of ketosis and do some damage to myself! I have no ketosis symptoms so how will I know I'm safe to drink? I remember reading that a sandwich is enough carbohydrate to bring you out - is this true? I also don't want to go mental with the carbs as I'll be straight back to the diet the next day.

Hiya

I ate a banana in the morning as its full of sugar they say a sandwich too! From my experience I get drunk so much quicker having been on vcld so please take it easy you'll be suprised how quick you get drunk! Cheap night though eh? Lol!

Hangovers are worse too :( enjoy x

I agree totally I'd carb it up your going to come out of ketosis anyway with the alcohol tbh it is dangerous & can be .

Although everyone is different I drank over the weekend with a 4lb gain 3lb of which has gone today already after getting back on it yesterday
I ate carby stuff though because I was drinking x

I too have drunk. I also have something carby. They warn that it can be dangerous to drink. I was a big drinker prior to diet and have had no issues when I have chosen to drink while on it. I also havent suffered the next day, but then I rarely get hangovers anyway :-S lol. Enjoy your social event :)

Depends on how much you want to drink I think. If it's just a few drinks (3 maybe?) then I would come out of ketosis in the morning by having porridge / cereal followed by a sandwich or something carby at lunchtime. If you're planning on 'going for a session' I'd come out of ketosis the day before to be sure that you are fully carbed up before your night out (it's what I did when I went to a friend's hen do). I was quite a big drinker pre diet and now I'm much more of a lightweight (in more than just my weight ;)).

As the others have suggested, my worry would be getting back on it!!! When Im drunk I eat, and the next day I need hangover food!! Have a good time, but take it easy xx

As the others have suggested, my worry would be getting back on it!!! When Im drunk I eat, and the next day I need hangover food!! Have a good time, but take it easy xx

exactly how i feel !!!! the worst ever hangover for me too

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I was quite a big drinker before the diet but I've become used to not drinking and really like not waking up with a hangover (or having made a fool of myself!) so I'm only planning on having a couple of glasses of champagne and maybe some wine with my meal. I was actually considering not drinking at all but it's going to be a big celebration and I'd like to have at least some champagne. :)

I was at the races on saturday so I had a grilled chicken kebab on friday night then drank & ate little bit of carbs on the saturday. I got straight back on s&s on sunday and only gained 1lb which I've lost again x

i drank last weekend... as someone who can drink load s I was very surprised I couldnt drink any more than 2 large glasses of wine and a double vodka... (i ate on the saturday too)

I have also struggled very hard to get back on it although think this is partly to the fact I dislike exante... hence me jumping over to s&s now

Back