Attack Planning to start tomorrow

rubyred42

Hello I'm planning to start Dukan tomorrow and I am a total newbie to this diet. I just need to confirm a few things:-

1) What is classed as low fat ham and can I have it in Attack?
2) Can I have lean steak mince on Attack?

Thank!

Hi Ruby

Try to avoid ham if you possibly can - it's highly processed and full of 'nasties' including salt, which could stall you and/or make you retain water.
Lean steak mince is fine, the leaner the better

P x

Hello I'm planning to start Dukan tomorrow and I am a total newbie to this diet. I just need to confirm a few things:-

1) What is classed as low fat ham and can I have it in Attack?
2) Can I have lean steak mince on Attack?

Thank!

Boil up a joint of pork and drain off the juices at least 3 times to rid of any salt that gets secreted whilst cooking. once cooked through after about 5 hours over a medium heat, slice it up really thinly (i used a cheap slicer from argos), there you have lean ham but saved on money xx

Good luck, I'm on final day of attack and it been sluggish but i'm in ketosis and feeling great xx
Sam xx

Thanks for your replies, I've done Day 1 on attack!

Can you tell me if we can have the hot cooked chickens from the supermarkets if all the skin is taken off?

Ideally not, particularly not in attack. If they taste(!) so much better than when we plain roast one of our own, it's for a reason! They baste them constantly and, even after removing the fat, they're still fattier than your own cooked ones. (Better than some other things you could eat though!)

I don't know how much weight you have to lose (you could perhaps update your statistics) but your attack period is the kick off which will give you the encouragement to see you through the weeks in cruise where perhaps you won't see such a great loss always. Keep it clean.

All pork, including ham, is banned in the original French diet so I tend to keep away mainly...

Last edited:
Ideally not, particularly not in attack. If they cook so much better than when we plain roast one of our own, it's for a reason! They baste them constantly and, even after removing the fat, they're still fattier than your own cooked ones. (Better than some other things you could eat though!)

I don't know how much weight you have to lose (you could perhaps update your statistics) but your attack period is the kick off which will give you the encouragement to see you through the weeks in cruise where perhaps you won't see such a great loss always. Keep it clean.

All pork, including ham, is banned in the original French diet so I tend to keep away mainly...

Thanks for this will stick to cooking my own chicken!

Good luck ruby xxx remember drink plenty of water it really help with weight loss and your skin will glow xxx

Back