Planning to switch to Weight Watchers

jojo76

After over 3 months on Exante, and over 4 stone lighter I am ready to move to Weight Watchers.

When I started back in January, my initial plan was to give it until my trip away at the end of March and see how I felt. Upon returning I wanted to come back on TS and managed to do so with no problems. But while I am still 100% committed to getting to my goal weight, I am a getting a little bored now and want to start living more 'normally' again.

I have been thinking about this on and off for a week and kept changing my mind, but have finally come to the decision. I did think I would stay on as long as possible to get to goal for my holiday at the end of July, but even by switching, as it is over 3 months off I should easily be in the 11 stone bracket and I know I will feel great. I feel great now, so with another stone or so off I will feel even better. It will certainly be different to be a size 14 ish rather than the size 24 I was last time I saw a beach!

I also want to be able to exercise properly without feeling light headed. I have a treadmill and have used it from the beginning of Exante, but had to keep it gentle. I have been increasingly been wanting to have a really good workout - get my heart pumping and get sweaty! I tried it last week and it's obvious I am not consuming enough calories to do this.

So, I have a plan!

I shall stay TS until Sunday 29th April. This is a psychological thing to prove to myself I am not just giving up. Then I am gradually going to re-feed for just under 4 weeks. One week doing Working Solutions, then gradually increasing my calories before re-introducing carbs in the last 10 days. WW start date is Friday 19th May. I have done WW before and know the plan, and I will do it for 5 days before joining the class on Wednesday 23rd May. This is because I know I will have a carb/water weight gain in the first few days and by delaying my initial weigh in I can hopefully get a true weight and then hopefully see a small loss in my first week.

Exante has been fantastic, and I would recommend it to anyone. It's given me a fast big loss and I know I am motivated to carry on. I just feel ready for food (and wine!) again, and am happy to have smaller losses from now on. Like I said, I feel a million times better than I did back in January so will take the slow steady route from here.

I don't want to move to the WW forum though - I feel like my home is here :D

Great plan JO JO - sounds really good, you have done so well. I agree it just gets so boring and it is so restricted around any kind of social eating. Of course being very fat is socially restricting too but I understand what you mean. Why not post in the Maintainers section - using WW to lose a bit more and maintain? It gets lonely there by the way. I will be back posting there in about two weeks.

I also know what you mean about exercise and being light headed, it is very difficult to exercise enough to raise your pulse rate and sustain it on TS.

So good luck, and congratulations for cracking this dire disease.
GSQ

Good luck hun :) xx

That really does sound like a cracking plan :D
I do agree with GSQ too, about moving to the maintainers section, if you dont want to leave here ;)
Good luck
:D

Well, plans have changed slightly, I am joining WW on Wednesday!

After I posted on Friday I text my mate who had told me she wanted to join and she is starting this week so we decided to both go together. So, Friday night I stopped Exante without the planned re-feed. I have followed the WW plan since then, as I already know the points system.

I went straight in with the carbs to get the carb weight re-gain out of the way before I start on Wednesday. I am surprised an happy to say that when I weighed in this morning I am only 1/2 up on last weeks weight. I normally weigh myself first thing in the morning, after a wee with nothing on!! So I expect that with clothes and an evening weigh in at WW means an extra pound or so will show on their scales.

As suggested I am going to stay here and post on the maintainers section. I feel really good about my decision and am happy to take the slow and steady route from here. I am still 100% focused and committed but needed to feel 'normal' again. I might still be over 2 stone off a healthy BMI but I already feel great, I get loads of compliments and I got told I looked 10 years younger on Friday which made me feel amazing!!

Thanks to everyone here who has supported and encouraged me over the last few months and let's hope we are all looking great this summer!

Jo
xx

Good luck with weight watchers! Will you be using any Exante packs as part of WW? Would be interested to know what the points values are!

Good luck with weight watchers! Will you be using any Exante packs as part of WW? Would be interested to know what the points values are!

I don't know about Pro Points as I do the old Discovery Points and have the recipe books, kitchen scales, points calculator etc. I worked the points out and they are all 3.5 points, including the Tesco bars. I am currently on 22 points per day.

I still have about a months worth of packs left so I will use them sometimes, like having a shake for breakfast. I will also use them to save points if I am going to have a 'bad' night, like on my birthday. This is purely just to use them up though, I won't be re-ordering at all. I can't rely on them forever and I need to get into the habit of eating healthily.

Oh, and I mentioned in my original post that I was craving being about to do a really good workout and have just done my first one. I have a treadmill and just did an hour on it, 40 mins of that was fast walking on maximum incline. God I sweated, and it felt fantastic!

Back