Plateau already...

I've just completed my 3rd week on exante.

Week 1 -10lbs
Week 2 stayed the same (I cheated one evening & had KFC so I was happy with this)
Week 3 stayed the same!!!

I'm really starting to get demotivated. I'm sticking to 600 cals a day. I'm having 2 shakes & soup in the evening.
After staying the same in week 2, I have started at the gym during week 3 - I went 4 times.
I'm drinking lots of water.

Not sure what to do... but I'm thinking about going back to fast food & chocolate on the sofa every night if I'm not going to lose any weight! :(

Give it another week or two... The body does its own thing and the weight on the scales actually isn't the most helpful thing - it's not a true reflection of what is going on... But I understand that it can be disheartening not to see a change... You are losing fat, but sometimes the body for various reasons refills the fat cells with water... and then you get a big whoosh as they empty. Do you have any other ways to measure your progress? Some people measure bits of their body, or have a piece of clothing that they use to compare against.
It will come off, it will work. :) Stick at it for a bit longer. Good luck x

Well, the plateau threw me off the straight road... I've had an awful week - 3 different takeaways & enough chocolate to give a child at Easter.
Have topped up my products with another order from exante & am determined to get back on the losing wagon.
I don't know whether my metabolism has plummeted? And that's why I saw a plateau? To stop me being hungry I wasn't having my first shake until 11am, with the 2nd between 2 and 3. I'm not sure whether it's better to have the first before work at around 7:30 before I leave. That way my metabolism is boosted. But I just know I'd be ravenous before 2pm doing that!
The alternative is eating something small to kick start the metabolism? What could possibly be low cal, low carb that would do that?

So much conflicting info on the net!

I swim 4 times a week and because of the calories I burn doing that I add 100g lean protein everyday, I stopped losing weight if I didn't.
I spoke to exante and they said add a pack or meal on swim days but I found it better not to add a pack because of the extra carbs and I found my weight loss was better of I did it everyday.
I am not saying do it as every body works differently but that's what I did when I stopped losing and it is very difficult to stick to such a strict regime when you aren't losing anything!

I've just completed my 3rd week on exante.

Week 1 -10lbs
Week 2 stayed the same (I cheated one evening & had KFC so I was happy with this)
Week 3 stayed the same!!!

I'm really starting to get demotivated. I'm sticking to 600 cals a day. I'm having 2 shakes & soup in the evening.
After staying the same in week 2, I have started at the gym during week 3 - I went 4 times.
I'm drinking lots of water.

Not sure what to do... but I'm thinking about going back to fast food & chocolate on the sofa every night if I'm not going to lose any weight! :(
I'm exactly the same as you..it's really annoying

I feel like quitting

Don't quit. I did quite well on my first two weeks and then, like you, slowed right down on the third week. So I did the Exante TS plan week off on the fourth week (last week). Because it was easier for me I had Exante packs for breakfast and lunch, plus a piece of fruit during the day. For supper I had grilled or oven baked fish, chicken or pan fried steak and a big salad or loads of vegetables such as French beans, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes cooked with onion, peppers, etc. I really enjoyed it each evening and even better I lost 1lb during the fourth week which finished on Saturday, and today I weighed myself and I have another lost 2lb. If I stay on TS more than 3 or 4 weeks at a time I plateau. You may find that adding some lean protein helps jog your weight loss, even if you aren't on a fourth week.

Don't quit. I did quite well on my first two weeks and then, like you, slowed right down on the third week. So I did the Exante TS plan week off on the fourth week (last week). Because it was easier for me I had Exante packs for breakfast and lunch, plus a piece of fruit during the day. For supper I had grilled or oven baked fish, chicken or pan fried steak and a big salad or loads of vegetables such as French beans, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes cooked with onion, peppers, etc. I really enjoyed it each evening and even better I lost 1lb during the fourth week which finished on Saturday, and today I weighed myself and I have another lost 2lb. If I stay on TS more than 3 or 4 weeks at a time I plateau. You may find that adding some lean protein helps jog your weight loss, even if you aren't on a fourth week.
Ahh thankyou..I've been adding abit of chicken..and pepper ...chilli as I find meals like baby food..taste better like that..should I exercise?? I'm drinking loads of water ..sometimes over 3 litres..have abit of fruit ..or boiled eggs..occasionally a revita

What is the ts plan? Only a stone to go ..so annoying when your really trying x
It is annoying when you have only have a stone to go. Maybe have a week off, eat and drink sensibility and then go back onto TS. Might kickstart it again.

What is the ts plan? Only a stone to go ..so annoying when your really trying x
TS is Total Solution on Exante. It comprises of three packs a day and 2-4 litres of water plus black tea and coffee. You can also have some seasonings, herbs and one can of Coke Zero (only Zero, not Diet because Diet contains citric acid).

So no food ?? I've added grilled chicken and chilli to the meals they taste better
No food on Total Solution, just three Exante packs a day for food.. You can have spices such as chilli, plus herbs. I sometimes add a few mushrooms and a tiny bit of chopped bacon, chicken or a few small prawns to the meals, especially the Pasta Carbonara or the Ham, Pasta and Mushroom soup but strictly speaking I shouldn't on Total Solution. I have a lot to lose so that is why I am doing Total Solution. You have to have a week off after every four weeks on it.

Exante's Simple Solution allows you to add food. You get all your daily nutritional requirements in the three packs, plus you can have 600 calories of normal food.. Total calorie consumption is 1200 per day.

Back