Plateau...........What to do!!

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I have hit a stage where I am not losing and have been following the diet, so i decided to do a search on here for any info that could help. A different forum had a thread with this link in it. Check it out, it makes sense.

yes I know, he says 4 days attack, more water, more exercise, less salt. I've already changed bits of these, but has read over and over again from others that we aren't supposed to do attack again and again, so I am keeping it for when I am desperte. My plan at the moment is most of the above, but if the next two weeks don't show a change i will do some pp only days.

In any event, what works for one mightn't for another... and we've all different diet histories.

Most oldtimers would tell you that the diet never works as well as the first few times so each time you restart with attack, you're running that risk...

To be honest I'll always follow the book over what others advise unless they've access to the paid Dukan Coaching. Nothing against anyone here, I have gotten plenty of good advise on things I couldn't find in the book :D
Which is what I am doing, just not all in one go....thats what i've been saying. I've talked about it on my diary, this thread was an information one re suggestions for what a plateau is and what to do.

In any event, what works for one mightn't for another... and we've all different diet histories.

Most oldtimers would tell you that the diet never works as well as the first few times so each time you restart with attack, you're running that risk...

Thats it, I know my dieting history is totally different to others, and have read repeatedly on here that people re do attack but go nowhere, and hearing on the live chats that they say No, don't do attack again, then its not something I really want to do. If I have to I will do pp days, which have their slight differences to attack days don't they.

I personally think you can't go wrong, in the event of a plateau (10 days without losing when following 100% Dukan) is to cut tolerated foods, and post menus. It's sometimes very enlightening even when we think we're being A-OK...

Especially when chief witch casts her evil eye over them!!!! I made so many 'school boy' errors in the first couple of months and Jo was on it like a rat up a drain pipe and boy was I grateful!!!! LOL!

I read on the Dukan Site today that if you plateau you could try doing a "white Day". That is white meat, white fish, egg whites and plain yogurt. Just for 1 day it can help to jump start you again.

I hope it gets sorted out soon. x

What a strange thing, never heard of a white day before LOL.

I'm doing better this week so hopefully my plateau is over. Thanks for that.

Back