plateau

rani

Silver Member
Hi what does everyone do when they hit a plateau? am on 1700 calories and hit a stall every few weeks so i have a wee extra splurge on junk food and then i lose again and then few weeks later i stall again, should i be doing this or is it bad for the long term? am currently over 17 st so 1700 calories is good, even when i follow it to a t i stall after few weeks, any suggestions as to why or what else i can do.xx

Hya Hun, didn't want to read and run. Have you read about the Juddd diet? I am calorie counting but I'm busy reading up on Juddd and as far as I'm aware you trick your body by having a low calore day followed by a 'normal' day and people seem to lose weight on this. Might be worth looking into it x

I'm unsure about the supposed 'metabolic swing' on juddd. I think it's calorie counting by any other name .

I would suggest that you lower your calories to 1600 and reduce your carb intake - no white carbs at all and a reduced intake of wholemeal ones

You should find that this jolts you again

Love your signature sentence by the way gretagrip

Thank you Lau : ) I find it reasonably motivating for some reason ? It could apply to anything couldn't it - not just weight loss ?

Yeh totally.. Summer is such an amazing time of year and I think it makes people feel better and brings people out so to have that feeling inside would be inspiring. X

Can you define ' a lot ' of wraps? One a day is fine. But don't also then eat pasta, rice, potatoes etc...

Look at increasing protein.. chicken, fish, some cheeses, veg, eggs etc... it will really help

I like to eat wraps or mini naan breads..usually every few days..i eat boiled eggs and yogurts for protein.though nt everyday..i like fish si gona eat more protein from nw on.x

I like to eat protein ... Eggs for brekkie ..!!! I like to keep my total carbs to 100g or less each day ..!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree Linski... it never hurts to keep an eye on your carb intake and no white carbs at all - unless a treat of course. They have no nutritional value to them..a waste of good calories.

GretaGrip said:
I agree Linski... it never hurts to keep an eye on your carb intake and no white carbs at all - unless a treat of course. They have no nutritional value to them..a waste of good calories.

Exactly ... I only buy wholewheat pasta .. Burgen bread is blooming lovely and half the carbs of a normal wholewheat seeded loaf too ..!!!! I don't have potatoes ... Occasionally chips but on a cottage pie or last night I did fish pie I mashed butternut squash abd out that on top instead of potato .. I do individual portion for me tho .. I don't think my family would thank me for that lol x

sounds good, so does everyone count carbs along with calories? i just eat whatever has long as am in my calorie allowance, maybe thats where am going wrong,cause i work i use alot of ready meqals and for lunch rather than sandwiches i have steamed rice pkts, they are 300 calories but i just checked the carbs and for the pkt it has 50g carbs:eek:. hmm i like warburtons thins with a veggie burger grilled but they are high to, i think am gona stop eathing the thins and rice altogether, am not to keen on pasta anyway.thanks ladies.xx

rani said:
sounds good, so does everyone count carbs along with calories? i just eat whatever has long as am in my calorie allowance, maybe thats where am going wrong,cause i work i use alot of ready meqals and for lunch rather than sandwiches i have steamed rice pkts, they are 300 calories but i just checked the carbs and for the pkt it has 50g carbs:eek:. hmm i like warburtons thins with a veggie burger grilled but they are high to, i think am gona stop eathing the thins and rice altogether, am not to keen on pasta anyway.thanks ladies.xx

Depends on what your body is like ... It's all trial and error and finding what suits you ... My body is sensitive to insulin spikes ... In my opinion ... And carbs gives you insulin spikes and insulin turns everything to fat ..!! It is known as the fat hormone ..!!! This is why I watch my carbs ... I am classed as apple shaped which is supposed to sensitive to carbs .. I think x
Worth a go tho to see whether it works for you ..!!
Low GI food is great x

I don't count carbs and never have - I just count calories

However having said that , I'm aware of carbs. I won't eat white carbs , and I only eat carbs once a day as a general rule.

I'm most unpopular on the SW forum when I point out that their ' unlimited quantities ' of pasta and rice is not a great ethos and it will definitely stall weight loss. Maybe not at first if you have a fair amount to lose but it will happen eventually

I'm going to try the Burgen bread !

I too only count calories, not carbs. I do have a potato-based ready meal every night - couldn't imagine ever giving up spuds, lol, I'd starve. I started off on 1800 calories and have gradually reduced it down to 1400 now that I've lost 7 stone. I agree about the "free" foods on SW, nothing remotely free about things like pasta and rice! :) xx

rani said:

I try to keep below 100g of good quality carbs too. Today most of my carbs came from sweet potato, green veg, a banana and coconut water (which is quite sweet but I had it post workout).

I also make sure I eat full fat everything and protein with every meal. This keeps me full :)

Good luck!

GretaGrip said:
I don't count carbs and never have - I just count calories

However having said that , I'm aware of carbs. I won't eat white carbs , and I only eat carbs once a day as a general rule.

I'm most unpopular on the SW forum when I point out that their ' unlimited quantities ' of pasta and rice is not a great ethos and it will definitely stall weight loss. Maybe not at first if you have a fair amount to lose but it will happen eventually

I'm going to try the Burgen bread !

Whenever I go into the supermarket I buy 3-4 loaves of if ..! It's so tasty and as I said low carb ... Only 12g in each slice as apposed to 24g in ordinary wholemeal ..!! Xxx
Iv always not been happy to start SW .. How can unlimited pasta and potato be good for you ..???? :-D

I agree. No one has ever explained to me in a way that satisfies my pedantic nature exactly how this works! If you are the sort of person with no 'off' switch then you'll be able to pack away hundreds of calories in 'free' pasta and rice. I think there will come a time when they limit this on their plan... they already say to 'listen to your appetite and stop when you feel satisfied ' however that doesn't help a lot of folk - we all became overweight in the first place because we didn't listen to our appetites!

Back