Cruise PV Plateau? :(

CLR

I havn't lost any weight now for over a week :( Is this a plateau?

Im quite close to what dukan says is my "true weight" is it normal for things to slow down so much now? I've not cheated but i did discover my mother cooked the curry she gave me on Saturday with oil :rolleyes: but i wouldn't have thought it would be that much and make a big difference.

I've been losing every 3ish days since a started just over a month ago but i've been exactly the same weight every morning for 8 days now.

I had been drinking cappucinos and still losing but i have given those up for lent and i was eating at least 2 mullers a day and losing but have been trying to limit myself to 1 and some natural yoghurt. I'm not sure where i'm going wrong now. I've been feeling a little fed up of the diet this week so this is just making it worse, I've been feeling a bit down, grumpy, tired and quite dizzy when i stand up but i eat when hungry so i'm not sure that's the diet or what :confused:

Any advice? I'm not sure what i can change or if this is normal. I had promised DH we would go out for his Birthday Friday and i wouldn't worry about food (just get the most dukan friendly thing i can find without obsessing) but now i'm thinking that will just make things even worse. I'm wondering if i need to just man up and quit the mullers totally for a bit?

I'd advise you move to Conso! Your DH will be delighted!

I'm having a similar experience I haven't lost anything for like 2 weeks now. I think as you get to the last lbs its definitely harder to get them off as you body adapts and you have to be even stricter. I would say enjoy yourself and maybe try to get back on it after? I got fed up and had a bit of a slip up but my weight stayed the same and so I carried on afterwards. Still didn't lose anything for a week afterwards but it has to come off eventually. I was eating a lot of ham and still losing in the beginning but decided to cut it out completely now in the hope that it'll make a difference. Maybe stick to fat free greek yoghurt rather than mullers? Cutting down on sugar might be a good thing :)

I've hit a plateau too and I'm close to target as well.

I'm a bit worried as I'm going on a hen do tomorrow for a long weekend and wondering how going to manage dukan or whether I can chill out with it for a few days without too much jeopardy ?!?

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated

When my family came to visit I actually had 2 days off and stayed the same. But in the following week reverted to attack and didn't lose a thing. My weight loss had been slowing down anyway though. You could probably enjoy yourself just once without putting too much back on but maybe be prepared to wait a while for the loss to resume.

Quitting on a plateau can be dangerous though. There's a section in the book about it. The gist was generally that your body has basically gone into ultra famine mode and in this mode can get extra calories from food. Where it usually got 100cals from a slice of bread it can now get 120cals. He suggest the Dukan Diet Blitz which is basically 5 days of Attack to get you losing again. I've done this before when I've hit a plateau and I'm seriously considering another one because I'm in the same position as you guys.

Actually broke through my plateau now woohoo I hope it will stay that way :D I was eating a lot of ham before like 2-3 slices everyday and whereas I lost in the beginning while eating it I think it was slowing me down. I did another 5 day attack with no pre-cooked meats and cut down a little on the youghurt. Boom 3 lbs gone in 4 days. Try to eat as clean as possible I think that's got a lot to do with it too.

Glad to hear that you are back up and running again. Well done.

I read somewhere that if you plateau trying a 'white day' can help. I'm only 2 weeks in and so am not speaking from experience, but what it entails is white meat, white fish and egg whites, plus your normal spices, yogurt and oat bran. Apparently this can help. x

Back