plateauing

victini

Hi!

I have a funny feeling my weightloss is going to be slowing down much much more over the next few weeks.

I have been going from 6lb losses to 3lb losses.

How to you jump start your losses again if you being maintaining?

I normally would only have no more than 4 syns in a day so I cant even rely on cutting syns!

Even 3lb losses are good! If you get to a point where you are staying the same for a few weeks in a row then you could look at cutting down carbs and dropping all drinks apart from water (everyone is different of course but those are a couple of things that work for me).

Given that you don't have a large amount of weight to lose (from looking at your stats), I don't think losing 6 pounds a week is something that will continue.

3lbs a week is a brilliant loss. Personally I wouldn't recommend changing anything because it is still Working.

Im doubting my losses will be anywhere near 3lbs this week!

Im just preparing for a maintaining eventuality haha

ill maybe try that, but I know the times I do have syns, I struggle during the week I shouldn't weigh myself in between but I do! haha

I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago and ate well and did my 15 syns for 3 day only, I gained 1.5 lbs!

I don't deliberately cut syns I just don't eat things with syns in them anymore.

It was buns and crisps and cake that did it before. I got rid of those and eat as normal otherwise!

I don't deliberately cut syns I just don't eat things with syns in them anymore.

I know what you mean. When I started SW I also switched to about 90% clean eating which means all the things that cost syns are pretty much out for me anyway.

It was actually a point of great contention with my SW group leader as she hated the fact that I would alway be anti processed food in group and on FB. Since SW make a huge amount of money from their branded food she really didn't like that I encouraged people to eat clean and cook from scratch lol. (This is why I now do SW online.) :)

It was actually a point of great contention with my SW group leader as she hated the fact that I would alway be anti processed food in group and on FB. Since SW make a huge amount of money from their branded food she really didn't like that I encouraged people to eat clean and cook from scratch lol. (This is why I now do SW online.) :)

Sounds like the opposite to my SW leader! To her the processed things are for if your desperate or as a good 1st week option/ introduction to SW whilst you buy in all your healthy stuff!

How long have you been doing Slimming World for? Just something to bear in mind is 6lb losses are never the norm for any member. Of course those big loss weeks happen, but they tend to be for people new to plan (which is the reason for my question) or people who've gone from an off plan week to something like SP the next.

Heck, I don't think I've ever had a 6lb loss, I think my highest was my first week of 5.5lb when I started at over 17 stone. And I've spent around 15 months total doing this. In the past few weeks I've had an unexpected maintain, 1.5lb loss, 1lb loss, but it's going down, and that's what is important to remember.

Just keep doing what you're doing, you're obviously doing something right :D But the things I've looked at have been things like:

- Are my portions too big/small? It takes a looooot of food for me to feel full (don't read that as satisfied, read as stuffed!), so portion size is something I've always played with. If I'm going to feel just as satisfied from eating half as much rice, what's the point of putting the extra half on my plate in the first place right?

- How often am I snacking, and on what? If I'm hungry and I planned on having dinner in an hour, just have the dinner earlier or wait it out and have a large glass of water. May as well snack later instead when I'm feeling a bit peckish rather than hungry. Also, better to be snacking on a variety of fruit rather than several Muller Lights.

Just a couple of things, this post is looking long enough haha. But keep going!

Sincerely,
Someone who very much understands the frustration of slowed down losses.

Back